Valve Clearance / Lash Adjustment On 3t

hey just a quick lazy stupid question

all the engines i have set clearances on in the past have either been overhead cam with direct bucket/shim actuation *OR* pushrod with hydraulic lifters

is the 3T hydraulic lifters or solid ones?

if it's solid lifters like earlier k engines, how do you adjust the valve clearance/lash?

is there a threaded adjustment where the pushrod meets the rocker?

or do you pull the lifter out and twig with it somehow?

or something different?

too cold outside to go have a look and I'm sick

Members dont see this ad

According to the Genuine T Series (Jun 1978) Toyota Manual 98311E, Page 2-15...

"With the engine hot, run idle rpm. Valve clearance is measured between valve stem and rocker arm.

Valve Clearance :

IN 0.20 mm (0.008 in.)

EX 0.33 mm (.0013 in.) "

Mind you this is when they were new. if the head or block has been decked, the clearances will need to be adjusted accordingly.

According to the Genuine T Series (Jun 1978) Toyota Manual 98311E, Page 2-15...

"With the engine hot, run idle rpm. Valve clearance is measured between valve stem and rocker arm.

Valve Clearance :

IN 0.20 mm (0.008 in.)

EX 0.33 mm (.0013 in.) "

Mind you this is when they were new. if the head or block has been decked, the clearances will need to be adjusted accordingly.

i know where they are measured thanks

I'm asking how they are adjusted

adjustable spanner to hold the rocker bridge, 12mm closed end spanner to crack nut on rocker and flat blade screw driver to change adjustment of the rocker pin whilst sliding the correct feeler gauge between the valve stem and rocker arm. Tightening up nut when there is a nice firm, but not too tight a drag on the feeler gauge when sliding it.

adjustable spanner to hold the rocker bridge, 12mm closed end spanner to crack nut on rocker and flat blade screw driver to change adjustment of the rocker pin whilst sliding the correct feeler gauge between the valve stem and rocker arm. Tightening up nut when there is a nice firm, but not too tight a drag on the feeler gauge when sliding it.

cool, thanks, that's what i figured, cheers