A New Gavclassic !

Gavclassic

interesting idea using alloy ramps and tray, what sort of speed do you get out of the truck loaded?

I have just done the exact opposite sold my truck and built a car trailer.

Happily sits on 100kph, the alloy tray is sitting on a steel frame. Used alloy to keep the weight down a little and also didn't want to have to keep painting a steel tray every couple of years like i had to with my car trailer.

Still want to find some Landcruised or Prado rims with a bit more dish which should make it look better.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this stage i wont be painting the car even though it'd look great same colour as the Sprinter. Already spent heaps, the truck at $2500 was the cheep bit, ally tray and ramps, steel for the frame under tray and wheel rack, painting and powder coating,nuts bolts and fasteners, Warn winch, wiring and labour now mean i've an expensive little transporter which owes me about $4000 more than a good car trailer would have cost.

So if you need an early Corolla ring for a quote!!!! :y:

At this stage i wont be painting the car even though it'd look great same colour as the Sprinter. Already spent heaps, the truck at $2500 was the cheep bit, ally tray and ramps, steel for the frame under tray and wheel rack, painting and powder coating,nuts bolts and fasteners, Warn winch, wiring and labour now mean i've an expensive little transporter which owes me about $4000 more than a good car trailer would have cost.

So if you need an early Corolla ring for a quote!!!! :y:

I know how these projects can blow out of budget. you now have a tidy little corolla mover .

but it would drive Me nuts having to drive the truck up the ramps each time to load or unload, could you make longer ramps.