Shift Knob

jimmythesaint

Members dont see this ad
Is it a stock gearknob? Maybe try squirting some WD40 or the like up underneath the knob to get some lube on the threads. Failing that, do what I did when I had to get my 102 gear knob off and use a BFFO shifter/adjustable spanner.

just get the grinder or a hacksaw chop just underneath it will also shorten the shift a little :P

aftermarket gear knobs don't need the threads as they usually use 3 little screws :jamie:

just get the grinder or a hacksaw chop just underneath it will also shorten the shift a little :P

aftermarket gear knobs don't need the threads as they usually use 3 little screws :jamie:

Not all aftermarket ones use the Allen screws, some (usually good-quality ones made for specific models, like TRD and some Razo) have screw threads. And grinding the top off the shifter to make it shorter is the stupid way of making a short shifter. Much better way is to heat the pivot-ball up and bash it further up the shaft.