September 2, 200818 yr comment_272058 :P hey there can't seem to unlosen the shift knob to change it over is the any reason why this maybe its on a corolla ae92 1990 model please help Report
September 2, 200818 yr comment_272066 undo it like any other knob/bolt, righty tighty, lefty loosy....shud unscrew with a little effort Report
September 2, 200818 yr comment_272070 Some times you'll need a far bit of strength to get it undone. Also have a look around the base of the knob to make sure there's no screws Report
September 3, 200818 yr comment_272250 Is it a stock gearknob? Maybe try squirting some WD40 or the like up underneath the knob to get some lube on the threads. Failing that, do what I did when I had to get my 102 gear knob off and use a BFFO shifter/adjustable spanner. Report
September 3, 200818 yr comment_272323 Is it a stock gearknob? Maybe try squirting some WD40 or the like up underneath the knob to get some lube on the threads. Failing that, do what I did when I had to get my 102 gear knob off and use a BFFO shifter/adjustable spanner. just get the grinder or a hacksaw chop just underneath it will also shorten the shift a little :P aftermarket gear knobs don't need the threads as they usually use 3 little screws :jamie: Report
September 3, 200818 yr comment_272390 Have you tried rubbing the knob?? ... Sorry, I just had to. I could have gone a lot worse. Report
September 3, 200818 yr comment_272394 Have you tried rubbing the knob?? ... Sorry, I just had to. I could have gone a lot worse. hehe...HAHAHA...i'll pay that... Report
September 3, 200818 yr comment_272463 just get the grinder or a hacksaw chop just underneath it will also shorten the shift a little :P aftermarket gear knobs don't need the threads as they usually use 3 little screws :jamie: Not all aftermarket ones use the Allen screws, some (usually good-quality ones made for specific models, like TRD and some Razo) have screw threads. And grinding the top off the shifter to make it shorter is the stupid way of making a short shifter. Much better way is to heat the pivot-ball up and bash it further up the shaft. Report
September 4, 200818 yr comment_272704 Or another way to have a short shifter on the cheap is to use one from a AE10x Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now