March 18, 200917 yr Author comment_329044 The body and bonnet are still in primer waiting to be sanded and painted. HOWEVER I've begun putting in the interior. Big clean and vacc and in with the carpet. The seats have been de-trimmed and washed. Plus the front seat belts have been re-webbed with a new retacter mechanism. This is the trim soaking pre-wash. Good as new. Report
March 18, 200917 yr comment_329126 Nice work, G-Spec. You really know how to give your cars the Hollywood treatment don't you? Keep up the good work. Report
March 22, 200917 yr Author comment_329997 Cheers seabiscuit. Seeing as not much can be done in the way of paint or performance at the mo, its good to give it some lovin in other departments. :y: Report
September 1, 200917 yr Author comment_370551 Well its been quite some time. Been busy with my house, buying an old Dodge, getting doner cars for my ute and getting my Torana going. But I have gotten a few things done. Body and bonnet ready for paint, doors in primer and dash almost retrimmed. Pics up soon. Also got a small collection of doner T18's Report
September 1, 200917 yr comment_370578 nice work mate. I'm keen to see more progress pics! nice work on the roof too. Report
September 1, 200917 yr comment_370588 Nice project mate, that trim wash is awesome ! I need to look into that at somestage... :P Report
October 27, 200916 yr Author comment_385851 Finally got some paint on the body. Unfortunatley the gun started playing funny buggers on the last coat, so i'll have to rub back and give another good coat. Report
November 2, 200916 yr comment_387553 coming along nicely shame about the gun playing up did you manage to fix it up Report
November 2, 200916 yr Author comment_387621 coming along nicely shame about the gun playing up did you manage to fix it up Yes. Although I had thoroughly cleaned the gun, there was slight obstruction of the breather hole so the chamber wasn't equalizing enough. Good to see you're into the MoPars. VE's are my fav of the Dart style Vals. Are you running a slant or a teen? I got a VK Sportpack ute (next project) and 68 Dodge Phoenix cruiser. Anyways the T-banger has been resprayed plus I gave the bonnet and plenum cover some satin black. They will rubbed back and resprayed, just for practice. I've begun putting it back together. Plus I finally got to put on the brand spankin new windscreen. Still gotta spray the hanging panels. Also still waiting on my SX rims, which might make it look a little General Lee. Report
November 3, 200916 yr comment_387700 Yes. Although I had thoroughly cleaned the gun, there was slight obstruction of the breather hole so the chamber wasn't equalizing enough. Good to see you're into the MoPars. VE's are my fav of the Dart style Vals. Are you running a slant or a teen? I got a VK Sportpack ute (next project) and 68 Dodge Phoenix cruiser. yea my val is basically stock as its has a 225 slant six but yea its a good car i just in the process of working on my new celica project so yea and thats awsome about the dodge phoenix Also still waiting on my SX rims, which might make it look a little General Lee. thats probably still going to look pretty good Report
November 28, 200916 yr Author comment_394084 Finally got my SX (Datsun) rims. they clearly need a freshin up. Polish the face and black the inserts. Thankfully tha shape allows for easy polishing, Mexican style :jamie: Report
November 28, 200916 yr comment_394141 Good thread man. What’s the plan for the car? Restore it, sell it, I’m guessing this is no drift pig. Report
November 28, 200916 yr Author comment_394147 Its going to be my partnerin crime's daily. We initially wanted stock KE70 but this came our way. The long term plan is to keep it a crisp little example of Toyota goodness. :jamie: Report
December 30, 200916 yr Author comment_401578 Got some time off work. Painted the hanging panels: Doors, guards, and boot lid. Time for some colour sanding, which is going to take a while... anyone up for prune hands? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now