Mazda Bpt Engine???

Gspec

while reading another post about putting an FJ20 into a KE10 (not a good idea) I noticed a few comments on the Mazda BPT engine.

....Not an easy engine to find un biased info on.

Any ways can someone give me the word on these engines.

My bosses have an MX5 race car with a few spare engines, anyways, to make space they gave me 1 (in pieces) clean fresh and ready to ride ... I'm not sure what to do with it.

I also have access to a box, loom ...etc...

Cheers

Members dont see this ad
They have a high v/e rate...

v/e rate???

i,ve got a fresh import 1.8l turbo compete i,ll sell. i measured it to go into a publica and they fit, even the sumps in the right spot....

Already got a 1.8 torbo, with the front wheel drive sump ... FOR FREE! :)

So how do these engines rate?

What is the generl perception of these engines?

Volumetric efficiency, its not a rate its a ratio.

Its the ratio of how much fuel air mix can enter the chamber vs the actual chamber volume. All about head design and cam timing/overlap etc.

Cheers. :)

They make easy power, they actually out power ca18T with absolute ease

and seem to make more power than sr's even...(when the sr20's still have standard camshafts)

( and obviusly a hardcore sr's will outpower these motors, i am talking standard internals, camshafts, so

i don't want any arguments)

cheers

darren

Cheers guys

Looks like i may have to do a serious build up on this engine... see if the bosses will part with a box too.... and their race head... AND maybe even a snail shell

:y:

:bash: ... think i'm due for a bonus too

:o

and maybe an office with a view?

Already got that!

The work shop is full of nice cars... Cobras, XR8 Coupes, Mustangs, GT's, V-Spec GTR's, Minitrucks... though the Hummers dertract from the view.

Then at home there's a shed full of Corollas and rare Datsuns

:y:

in std form the familia gti was qiucker 400m than r32 & r33 gtr skylines run 18psi factory gearbox is the weak point, std 1.8L mk5 will break but cut and shut a w58 bell housing?????

One of my mates and his mate both run IPRA rx3' and ones a 808 thats still in the build , they both run BP motors and

i think W-series supra boxes, they might be a bellhousing already made or modified.

Boostworx in adelaide is the business anyways, and shaun is the guy to speak to, they have done

a fair bit with the motors for IPRA now.

http://www.boostworx.com.au/

The standard gearboxes are definitly the weakness in the familia, the Gtr familias run very low 12's with

just a exhaust and a heap of boost(they have the biggest turbo standard aswell, still have weak rods though...)

the rods would be fine at 230rwhp, but thats not what i would call good power, just average and easily achievable

i am talking more 250rwkw+, whereas with a sr or ca18 you woudn't evenhave to think about it till around 280-300rwkw mark

roughly

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20