Few points for all the warriors:

- I have done a search, but I'm after personal opinions

- No I'm not a fkn drifter

- No I'm not going to go buy 14 x 8

- This is just for the daily pie-van

:)

post-2833-1221613580_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
i guess it depends what you are going to do with the car.

is it just a daily driver??

do you drift??

have you considered 14x8's??

sorry, I'm bored shitless at work. first question still stands though.

lol.. ansswers

1. Track Car Only

2. Hectic Drfta

3. 14 x 8's as my spares..

lol... nah its just a daily thats it,

Only thing i'm doing with it is driving it. :)

"Falken_ke30"

Yeah might look into 175's, the 205's will get the arse me thinks.

Cheers

Edited by goldke70

IMHO 185/60-13's would be too small on a 70. I had them on a 25, because thats the logical-next-size-up for one of them.

205/60's would be a good size, and a more preferable rolling diameter than the 185's. I had 205/60 on a 5.5 rim, so 6" shouldn't be a problem.

IMHO 185/60-13's would be too small on a 70. I had them on a 25, because thats the logical-next-size-up for one of them.

205/60's would be a good size, and a more preferable rolling diameter than the 185's. I had 205/60 on a 5.5 rim, so 6" shouldn't be a problem.

Interesting :)

Well I'll wait till I get em on then make a decision...

Cheers

Just to add to the confusion:

on my AE71, I have had 185x65x13 on both the original 5 inch and my replacement 6 inch rims.

The difference was very noticeable - with the 5 inch rim giving less precise in turning (presumably due to sidewall flex).

Those tyres on the 6 inch rims were lovely.

Having said that, I've gone to 175's on the original rims as 185x65x13 were getting hard to find - they have the same tread width as the 185's I was previously running and they feel floppy on the 5 inch rim. Next chance I get, they'll go back on the 6 inch rims.

So ... my reccomendation for the 13x6 rims is 185. If you can't get them, check the available 175's as you may find they're the same tread width anyway despite allegedly being 10mm thinner.

When i originally put 13 inch rims on the KE25, 185x55x13 were the correct rolling diameter - which were very precise (a joy to behold and a thing of beauty even). When I changed the diff and speedo sender ratios, 185x65x13 were noticeably more squirmy.

cheers,

Slapper

If your 205's are good, just run them at the highest recommended pressure. That'll get rid of the majority of the sidewall flex. So long as the tyres don't scrub, you've got nothing to lose.

185x65x13 in my cheap arse buying range were getting hard to find!

They're still out there, but I go through a set of tyres every 12 months so I don't buy good ones

I found the opposite.. More expensive handling tyres last me twice as long as cheapies. The tyres don't chew up if you drive it hard through the twisties, not to mention the additional safety factor.

On my ke15, I run 185/60r13 Yokohama A539's on 5.5" wide rims. With 44psi front and 40 psi rear there is bugger all sidewall flex. The ride is very harsh with upgraded suspension.

With more normal pressures the tyres had to much sidewall flex for my liking. Upping the pressures improved traction as well as the consistency of grip across rough surfaces during hard cornering. It also evened wear across the tyre reducing chewing of the outer edges.