• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

more updates,

i went to the panelbeaters on friday aparantly they had been cutting rust out of it for about 2 weeks, the body is painted and the bonnet was being repaired and rubbed down, the paint is amazing for how cheap it was, plenty of sparkle :P

post-4926-1240288720_thumb.jpgpost-4926-1240288788_thumb.jpg post-4926-1240288808_thumb.jpg

the engine block currently has the crank in, my pistons and rods are balanced and ready to go in

took my head and block into the engine rebuilders today

it seems that my motor only had 8.5:1 compression when it was stock, but that was soon fixed :P

i got 8 thou taken off the block so my pistons reched the top of it

and also got 40 thou taken off the head

all that made it add up to 10.67:1 compression :P

i also got my valves faced and the seats reseated

all is good in the world of 4k

max

i have some history behind my corolla now...

dad met the son of the orignal owner this arvo, to 1- get the receipt for the car from when they gave it to the wreckers and 2- get the history behind it

what amazed me about its life is that the owner before the last gave it to him (which was her son), she bought it brand new, she's 90 years old now. and my car has got a whopping Genuine 50 000 odd kms on it :)

the previous owner saw a photo of it just being freshly painted and loved it

it should be surprising what the original owner will think of what it's become

Edited by maxyboy55

• 8 months later...

mate nice work. can't wait to see what else is going to happen to this ride.

out of curiosity what is the metal/mesh stuff you have around the air filter? where would i be going to get my self some just over 1m long and about 25-30 cm high?

Thanks mate.

Edited by tylerrice

it's just some of that mesh you buy at supercheap, i used it for my grill aswell.

all i did was cut the airbox apart to get the mesh on there, cut a piece to wrap around it and foled the cut tangs over the filter and joined it to itself by interweaving the tangs

for an update: me and dad have been down to the panelbeaters and are starting to get the front half rust free, prepped and painted. hopefully (and i know i have said this a bit) it we be on the road by may.

and i have some new (old) centrelines for it :P

i will get some more piccys up in the following weeks.

max

it's just some of that mesh you buy at supercheap, i used it for my grill aswell.

all i did was cut the airbox apart to get the mesh on there, cut a piece to wrap around it and foled the cut tangs over the filter and joined it to itself by interweaving the tangs

for an update: me and dad have been down to the panelbeaters and are starting to get the front half rust free, prepped and painted. hopefully (and i know i have said this a bit) it we be on the road by may.

and i have some new (old) centrelines for it :P

i will get some more piccys up in the following weeks.

max

where did you use it on the grill just in the small part under the numberplate that is set back a bit?

could you please send a photo of it for me and the dimensions of it. might go grab a piece and cut it up to shape for mine. thanks

i used a piece of butchers paper to get the rough shape so it would fit good and then cut it out of that shape

it sits in the little gap between the chrome and larger part of the grill. I had to push it in there so that it clipped in and now it won't budge, i put a zip tie strategically placed in a modern toyota badge in the middle.

post-4926-1263335502_thumb.jpgpost-4926-1263335606_thumb.jpgpost-4926-1263335616_thumb.jpg

and some photos of the filters bling :P post-4926-1263335632_thumb.jpgpost-4926-1263335641_thumb.jpg

max