Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Radiator Shrouds

Featured Replies

Hey.

 

I've got a fairly newish radiator sitting in my shed that I want to put onto my KE70. I'm just wondering if a shroud is necessary? I have one on my current radiator but I dunno if I have the knowledge to modify it to fit on the new one.

 

So basically, are shrouds necessary?

 

Cheers.

in perth i would say yes.

 

in melb i drove my ae71 with a blown head gasket for three weeks without a radiator at all. short trips only, was a hell tough car.

 

shroud will help your engine fan draw air throught the radiator at slow speeds like in trraffic.

 

maybe you'd be better reading up on thermofans and fitting a cheap secondhand one that comes with a shroud.

 

uses less horsepower, and cools more efficiently, and only when needed.

 

-dave

  • Author

Cheers Dave. Will read up on them and seriously consider it.

From an efficiency point of view, if it came with one originally, then fit it. If it didn't, it will work better with a shroud if it is fitted properly.

 

But I'm with Dave, so easy to pick up electric fans cheaply these days with built in shrouds and just use a toyota temp sensor to drive it rather than stuffing around with temp probes in top hoses.

 

The Witzl on toymods has done a great write up on wiring thermo fans with the later type (ie from cars fitted with thermo fans) toyota temp switch as a trigger.

 

All that is aside from any roadworthy, safety issues.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.