Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oil Breather

Featured Replies

i done it ,, it looks better

 

Myles. thats not your engine and you know it. thats Tally's KE25 :P

  • Author

$60 later and I'm on my way to a relatively cleaner air filter!

 

post-5027-1223608392_thumb.jpg

Lookin Good. i personally wouldnt plumb it back into the air filter. just put one of those little filters on the oulet of the catch can. but thats just me, I'm not too keen on having anything apart from air and fuel going near my carb. let alone oil. Oil is apparantly a de-octaniser(dunno if it s a real word) ive heard oil can knock upto 10 octane points off your fuel. :P

  • Author
Lookin Good. i personally wouldnt plumb it back into the air filter. just put one of those little filters on the oulet of the catch can. but thats just me, I'm not too keen on having anything apart from air and fuel going near my carb. let alone oil. Oil is apparantly a de-octaniser(dunno if it s a real word) ive heard oil can knock upto 10 octane points off your fuel. :P
According to Hiro it can get messy if you do that. I'll see what happens.. if there's still a lot of oil going into the air filter I'll have to have another think about it.

Edited by Mybowlcut

  • Author

The bolts that are supposed to bolt the bracket down to the can are completely crap... I had to go to a friggon hardware store and cut down some different bolts... this whole thing is taking way longer than it should...

 

About to drill into the firewall... any places I should look out for? I'm going to do it more or less directly behind where stock air filter sits...

 

Edit: Ok... ended up drilling it to the strut tower since it was gonna be too hard to do it on the firewall... here's a video of it all together. The only problem is that I cut the hose that goes from the catch can to the air filter too short and now it's kinked just before it goes onto the air filter... is the air going into the air filter from this hose really that important? Will it affect the car's performance at all if it is kinked (until I buy longer hose)?

Edited by Mybowlcut

i didnt want to drill into the strut towers so i mounted mine up front on the radiator support pannel which makes it alot easier to get to I'm suprised how much oil it catches

 

Image007.jpg

 

Image008.jpg

  • Author

There was an oil leak somewhere yesterday... I think it's from the kinked hose... but it looks like it's coming from the engine block...

Edited by Mybowlcut

There was an oil leak somewhere yesterday... I think it's from the kinked hose... but it looks like it's coming from the engine block...

 

That's because it can't release the crank case pressure from the breather because you've got it kinked so its just finding another path of least resistance. Usually it just pops the dipstick out.

  • Author
That's because it can't release the crank case pressure from the breather because you've got it kinked so its just finding another path of least resistance. Usually it just pops the dipstick out.
Hmmm ok. The problem is that the way the outlet on the air filter that the hose goes onto is positioned means that it's always going to kink unless I can find some elbow or something...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.