Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bac Tests

Featured Replies

Hey

I have a mate here who had a bit too much to drink last night and wants to know if he is under the limit to drive. He is on his Ps so he can't have any in his system.

 

He has to be at work tomorrow morning in a town a few hours away... and we're in the bathurst region, bad weekend to be drunk considering the police numbers around here for the bathurst 1000, but anyway..

 

What I was wanting to know is if a cop can refuse to give you a breath test?

We went to the cop station and asked if he could have a breath test just to be sure he'd be under as he hasn't drunk anything for several hours. The cop then went on to abuse and lecture him and told him that there is no way she is giving him a breath test, unless she pulls him over when he's driving and then she'll chuck him away...

Sounds a bit irresponsible doesn't it?

 

I was just wondering if there was any sort of laws, or whether they're obliged to do it.

 

 

Any help would be good!

I've been into cop shops twice (vic) to ask for a breatho, both times they were very reluctant, but after a chat and assuring them I hadn't drunk at least an hour or so previously, they did test me. Neither time would they give a reading though.

 

Always thought it was odd, the logic they use is that if I get pulled over 10 minutes later and blow over, they can get in to hot water. Odd thing is that I could drive through 2 breathos in one night and have the same trouble.

 

Pisses you off, you just try do the right thing, but they don't allow it. Strange.

yea a month or so ago my dad asked if he could get a breath test to see if he was over, though he knew he wasnt he just wanted to see if he was, but the officer was like nooo no no no cause he can use it against him and get off a fine if he gets caught later on with too high a bac, but yea if yu want to test yourelf buy a portable one i think you can get ones that are like a key chain. but if you are worried your over and you need a breath test to make sure then you shouldnt drive just in case :wink:

 

Travis

  • Author

Yeah my mate thought it was worthwhile buying one of those.

It's probably the dickheads who go and get a breath test and drink after and then get caught later who spoiled it for the honest ones.

 

It was funny we were lapping the main and driving around with my mate in the passengers seat trying to get pulled over last night so we could ask very nicely for a breath test.

When you want them they're never around....

It was funny we were lapping the main and driving around with my mate in the passengers seat trying to get pulled over last night so we could ask very nicely for a breath test.

When you want them they're never around....

 

 

You should have been lapping in bathurst...I was and got pulled over by 3 coppers all at once. They were bored as all the race fans had left town after the race so too many coppers to enforce too few people. My mate had about 12 coppers going over his car earlier that night. Wanting to hear the stereo, and all the different air horns he has in it.

 

I was excessively paraniod driving race weekend, even if id only had a few the night before, just because of the amount of rbt stations there were set up.

 

But ive never thought of asking for a bac test. But by the sounds of it i shouldnt bother

we were dringin home once, and we were pulled over at a breath testing station, I was shitfaced and in the passenger seat, and hubby was drving (he was sober) and I started rabbiting on about wanting a test...the policemen asked me if I thought I was ok to drive, and I said "hell no! I'm drunk!" and he gave me a breath test, and I was :wink:

No, they're not obliged to.

 

They've got better things to do than give brethos to random people off the street. It would also set a precedent, which is definitely not what they want. "Oh, but we just wanted to do it just once!" Yep until the next time. I agree that the self testers are a good idea (although are not super accurate.)

 

If I was a copper, I wouldn't bretho you either.

 

The onus is on YOU to be legal and compliant. Don't think you'll be legal in the morning? Don't drink as much. Don't think you're .0? Time to watch a bit more telly.

 

If in doubt, don't.

No, they're not obliged to.

 

They've got better things to do than give brethos to random people off the street. It would also set a precedent, which is definitely not what they want. "Oh, but we just wanted to do it just once!" Yep until the next time. I agree that the self testers are a good idea (although are not super accurate.)

 

Agreed. It's not a service. It would be like asking them to come out with a radar gun and check if your car's speedo is accurate.

  • Author

You know what's funny though?

The cops were standing at the races in Bathurst with their radars seeing what the speeds of the v8s were :wink:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.