Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need Help Naming Wires And Plugs

Featured Replies

Hi all,

I'm pulling out my old 4ac engine and putting a 4age bigport in. I am in the stage right now of pulling everything out and labeling wires, hoses, fuel lines and thinga-ma-jigs. I wanted to know what a few things are called..

 

Any help would be appreciated greatly,

 

Cheers, Johno :P

 

post-5444-1224043910_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1224043939_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1224043962_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johno

D is the charcole canister....

the others...not too sure...where to the wires lead on c?

is f on a water outlet? if it is, it'd be a water temp sender

Edited by Bowler

  • Author
D is the charcole canister....

the others...not too sure...where to the wires lead on c?

is f on a water outlet? if it is, it'd be a water temp sender

 

F = I don't think its water temp cos i already found that sensor on the thermostat housing.

D= Is that where all the pollution and soot goes?

C= I think comes from the battery and powers the loom to go inside the cabin for the fuse box.

E= I would like to know what "e" is so i can label the green plug.

A+B= Not too fussed with them 2, I think they are just some vacuum thingo.

 

Sounding like algebra here.. :P

F = I don't think its water temp cos i already found that sensor on the thermostat housing.

D= Is that where all the pollution and soot goes?

C= I think comes from the battery and powers the loom to go inside the cabin for the fuse box.

E= I would like to know what "e" is so i can label the green plug.

A+B= Not too fussed with them 2, I think they are just some vacuum thingo.

 

Sounding like algebra here.. :P

 

F - Is the temp sender for the guage, The one on the thermostat housing is the fan switch.

D - Yes, It returns fuel vapours back to the tank.

C - can't remember which one but it goes to the starter, the alternator or the dizzy (I don't do alot on the single cam 82's)

E - Pretty sure that is the purge valve for the charcoal can.

A & B is for the a/c idle up.

  • Author

Thanks heaps for that :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.