Kesev

Karllos

Hey guys and gals,

Names Karl live in Adelaide thought id introduce myself.

Recently bought an '84 KE70 slanty front (unfortunately but its grown on me), thought id jump on here and check out the scene.

Mods are as follows:

Bog stock 4K-c

" " " suspension etc

5 speed 'Box

vacuum leads etc blocked off (ones that you don't really need) for more suction

slight exhaust leak from flange to start of exhaust

and a decent stereo

Pics up soon when i get them off my camera

Bought the car friday last week (24th of November 2008) with a rooted radiator, fins were basically not there or just plain falling off, drove it back from basically

gawler and didnt overheat or nothing which i was quite surprised about. Got to the bottom of the freeway ready to go home, trying to get my speed up

with the stock 4K haha, and the temp guage just jumped so stopped in the truck stop let her cool down and filled her up with a bit more coolant. Drove her home sweet as up the old freeway.

Fixed the radiator the next day and had to go back down the hill to a mates to look at it (more room). Did new leads, sparkies, dizzy cap, ignitor and some tuning. Drove her up the freeway did the same thing then drove her home after she cooled down. Bought some Silver Seal (excellent stuff) and now all good. so might have been a slight headgasket leak.

Went to start her after a bit of a drive thru the hills nothing, lights work everything electrical worked but no starter it wasnt clicking like it was trying to turn it over so got my bro to look at it and starter is completey stuffed haha. so now have to roll start it every where for the moment but fixin it tonight with a new one. Roll starts wikidly so I'm happy.

Anyway update when something happens.

Karl.

P.S Would like to do a 4AGE conversion soon enough.

post-7007-1225338127_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338138_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338227_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338295_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338452_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338473_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338546_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338635_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338726_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338787_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338808_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225338837_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karllos

Members dont see this ad

Welcome to the forum Karl. There are a fair few events coming up in Adelaide in the next month or so, so try and get along to something and meet some of the other dead-set Corolla nutters on here. :) Check the SA section of the forum to see whats going on.

Also................... Pics of the KE70 please!

Cheers Chobis, nice to be welcomed.

Pics will be up tomorrow, it looks a lil worse for wear atm but overall its in pretty good nik, have to put my new starter in tonight so wont be near a comp be done by midday tomorroy i rekkon.

Cheers. Karl

also il try and make it to a cruise soon. see how i go in the next couple of weeks seeing as I'm finishing YR12 atm lol.

Edited by Karllos

Hi Karl, welcome, the corolla definetley has potential there. Apart from the 4age engine conversion, what other plans do you have for the car?, Are you going clean up the exterior a bit and give it the stock look, or paint it a different colour etc?.

Good photos too, keep us informaed of any updates.

Hi Karl, welcome, the corolla definetley has potential there. Apart from the 4age engine conversion, what other plans do you have for the car?, Are you going clean up the exterior a bit and give it the stock look, or paint it a different colour etc?.

Good photos too, keep us informaed of any updates.

Cheers for the comment mate, yeah going to fix up the exterior a bit (prob find new bumbers) i think the brackets are stuffed so. Find some better suspension, stifen it up a bit give it a bit more feel cause the rear end is soft as atm haha. :bash:

Il get a proper exhaust goin as well, none of this pea shooter stuff haha, i wouldnt mind going some meshie rims or challangers maybe even longchamps i dunno what eva is good and cheap at the time :) lower her down at the same time or before and get rid of the rust in the rear left guard and flare them out a bit at the same time so.

I also wouldnt mind finding a central locking kit to go in it cause i was sooooo used to it with my old car (the blue honda in one of the pics).

Other than that I'm open to ideas and might get it sprayed a different colour but then again might make it an immaculate white and not have to worry too much about the engine bay and interior colour. either way il more than likely be getting it sprayed.

If you have anything of interest guys let me know!

and will do keep all you posted on whats happenin.

Cheers. Karl

Edited by Karllos

Your ideas sound preety cool Karl, Like you said if you paint a nice white you don't have to worry about painting the engine bay, boot, and other areas as there already the same colour. Without being bias, a fresh bright white would give the car clean look, along with a thorough detailing of the engine bay with some degreaser, polish and armour all to finish it off and give it the shiny new look to complement the exterior.

That's what I did with my ke70, polished the entire body outside, did the door jambs and thoroughy cleaned the engine bay. Like I said, its only a suggestion to help with future ideas etc. Either way I think you car is going to look preety neat anyway. I will try to put up a photo of my engine bay.

A fresh white on the engine bay and noticable areas like you said the door jams etc will just cap it off with the shiny exteriour. Hopefully grab some good polish over the weekend and wash/polish her up nicely.

I think so too, ive seen many example of clean KE70's (urs being one of them) but more so lowered on some nice rims with slightly flared guards come up wikidly.

Welcome to the club mate, how much did you pick that up for?

pity its not an ae71, pretty much drop in the ol 4age ahahaha

later

Travis

yeah thats one set back but by my research so far basically tells me that all you need to do the 4AGE conversion and to effictively make it an AE71 is the cross-members (engine and gearbox)and a few other things like pedal box??? can anyone correct/confirm me on this and or tell me other wise?

But yeah would have been good to have been an ae71 but still all good.

Picked it up for $900 thats with the nardi steering wheel.

Cheers Karl

Edited by Karllos

Hey all,

Lil update!

Got some rust out of the rear left hand side guard the other day (see pics) and hasnt come up too badly for primer paint, and going to source a new bumper bracket and window winder for the passenger side lol it broke just after i washed it lucky! Good ol you-Pull-It works wonders haha comes in handy for parts. anyway i will then prob get more rust out of the back and sand out the surface crap thats there lol.

With some help from lesley with the car cleaning products thank you. I washed, used maguires (sorry don't know how to spell it haha) scratch X and next gen tech wax 2 and came out much better IMO.

Also pics don't do it justice, came out much better in real life.

post-7007-1225772096_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225772314_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225772340_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225772347_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225772354_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1225772364_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, just went to look at a shell i found pretty good nik. Good thing it is a square front BRING ON QUADS!

Also he rolled an AE71 so il rape it of its parts i will need for the 4AGE conversion.

The engine and box are out, diff, gettin pedal box, anything else needed its a complete car just in bits.

Be taking the Tacho Dash lol.

Cheers, Karl.

Edited by Karllos