Anyone Mechanics In Melb Who Know 4age's Inside Out

GZE82

my 86 is running a little rough, and it may be caused by the carbs. i wanna take it to a place where they know there 4age's like the back of their hands.

anyone got any help.

ive heard that theres a place in the west called twincam performance, where he plays with 82's for track, but not too sure if his still around. I'm in sth east so the closer the better, but any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

andy

Members dont see this ad
my 86 is running a little rough, and it may be caused by the carbs. i wanna take it to a place where they know there 4age's like the back of their hands.

anyone got any help.

ive heard that theres a place in the west called twincam performance, where he plays with 82's for track, but not too sure if his still around. I'm in sth east so the closer the better, but any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

andy

4AGE don't run Carbies mate....

whats the problem?

whats the problem?

Its a 4age that has been converted to carbies so it is really a 4ag.

Have you checked the plugs in it as they normally foul up pretty good, Is it rough all over the place or just at certain rpms/load.

someones on the ball! i think the carbies are the prob as ive checked plugs numerous times. just wanna see if anyone knows of a mech where they know of 4ag's and play with carbs a bit, as i seem to be waisting my time with general mechanics

quote name='GZE82' date='Nov 10 2008, 05:43 PM' post='288734']

someones on the ball! i think the carbies are the prob as ive checked plugs numerous times. just wanna see if anyone knows of a mech where they know of 4ag's and play with carbs a bit, as i seem to be waisting my time with general mechanics

Hi, Mammi motors in sommerville know there carbs inside out, They have a dyno and for the service you get are bulls$%t cheap last time i had mine tuned before i went EFI was $60 an hour plus GST and plus parts but that was 18 months ago. The number is (03) 5977-7973 If you are using either Weber or knockoff carbs then they are the place for you, have a large selection of spares and jets etc.

You wont be disappointed.

stu

Edited by kickn5k

For Stu to be recomending them... and letting them touch his car... they must be pretty good!

Yeah man my car whent in there once in the 2 years i have had it on the road. Was still pretty close to bang on when i put the EFI on. Sadlly he"Gerald" WILL NOT tune EFI so unfortunatlly i have had to find somewhere else.

If i ever put the carbs back on I'm back there in a flash!!

Hi, Mammi motors in sommerville know there carbs inside out, They have a dyno and for the service you get are bulls$%t cheap last time i had mine tuned before i went EFI was $60 an hour plus GST and plus parts but that was 18 months ago. The number is (03) 5977-7973 If you are using either Weber or knockoff carbs then they are the place for you, have a large selection of spares and jets etc.

You wont be disappointed.

stu

They will be tuning my webers :yes:

LB :jamie:

IC&E ignitions are the s%^t man and you have paid for top quality gear!!! so unless it wasn`t wired in right it SHOULD be pretty close to bang on. Lb and i were talking earlier and both thought of the same thing at the same time. What fuel setup are you using? and what pressure is it at as Weber/Dellorto type carbs REALLY dislike any more than 3.5psi.