4k Valve Clearences

DearmanKE

hey everyone, ive got a manual here for a ke70, but it is a USA manual, the stuff in it is still for a 4kc but someone asked me what the valve clearences were for a 4k and i told them the hot clearences as it said in the book, which were

intake: 0.2mm

exhaust 0.3mm

then someone else told them it was 0.25 exhaust

anyway does someone have a more reliable source for what the clearences actually should be

hot and cold,

cold is needed for ke30myles as he hasnt got his motor to start and needs to redo the clearences.

cheers

-Alex

Members dont see this ad

if its cold id set the clearances to .25 and .35 once the engine is at operating temperature let run for another 10 minutesa and rip off the rocker cover and adjust as quickly as possibile as to get a correct reading.

If there is this clearance when the engine is cold atleast you know the valves will be shut. what have you checked so far myles ?

Oh at TDC top dead centre with inlet closing on number 1 cylinder i think the rotor button should be pointing towards no 2 spark plug visually.

I had 2 manuals a factory K manual and a ke20/30 manual come in ver handy easy to read.

pick the 1200 corolla manual up easy for 30 bucks even at old book shops or swap meets. or order a new one from any car parts stores.

Edited by Budowski

• 10 months later...