Slo-030. Healthy Dose Of Aussie Muscle Ahoy

SLO-030

Yea man, Will be using a tensioner pulley as it will be a shit load easier to make the mounts solid rather than getting it to swing.

Oh and there are a few pics in your supercharged 4k thread where the carb sits behind the headlight. I'll be fabbing the pipework to position the carb over the top of the SC to keep the induction path no longer than nessasary. Also to keep the whole deal between the chassis rails and hopefully give it a cleaner appearance.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt really matter which way it points. Just as long as theres enough room for the carb. I'd be making new ones or modifying the original ones just to give it a cleaner apearance. Seeing as i can't run a IC with the drawthru setup there will be a bit of fancy pipework too :no2:

That was the plan anyway :no2:

Found the 4k i wanna buy, awaiting reply from seller :y:

Edit: Seller just rang. Will be paying for the new 4k next week.

Now the balls rolling, things are happening pretty quick now. will be buying the SC12 after i sort out payment for the 4k and a 5spd from a mate. I'm Fruckin pumped

Edited by SLO-030

4KZ, i like the sound of that. I have the one SE badge that was already on the 30, am going to cut the center part out of the E so it reads SC. Goinf to mount it under the right hand corner of the number plate or centeraly under the right hand brake/tail/turn lights. that will be the only give away of what hides underneath. :dance:

Enjoy,

I did this to my mates Ke70 the motor lasted a day. We mounted the charger on the aircon bracket so you could tension the belt correctly but the bracket sits to far back you will have so space it out or make a new bracket. another problem we encountered was the supercharger inlet and outlet were facing in all the wrong directions we were considering cutting out the wheel well to get clearance for a pipe but we managed to do it without cutting anything. The ct12 is pretty loud on the ke so i would wanna try to keep a quiet note :dance:

If you want me to remove this just pm me mate :hmm:

Charger2.jpg

Rolla3.jpg

Charger1.jpg

Edited by mulotix

Maybe it lasted a day, cus by the looks of it, they've used stock 4AGE pulleys.

From what Alex has worked out. the SC will need to be about 79% under driven to produce about 7psi with redline of around 5,000 rpm ( i think).

Falken; Yep thats it, driveablitly and reliability will always prevail over power, sure id love to have enough power to shut up most V6's but meh, who will be payin for all the cracked blocks, BHG's and so on. So for the reliability factor it will be kept below 8psi max.

EDIT: Mulotix, pix are fine, that top view has helped me alot with the size comparison to a K engine. thankyou muchly

Edited by SLO-030

for the 4kz i'm helping my freind build for his ke70 we have gone down the path of making custom mounts for the charger and a custom outlet for the supercharger. we decided to go with a blow through set up using an xf carby and a small intercooler behind the grill. i've machined up a custom 8pk crank pulley to suit the 77mm 8pk snout pulley. were looking at making around 16psi at 6500rpm. we will see how long the stock 4k lasts but we have allready started building a hard 4k to drop in after our hour of fun. good luck with your project and i'll keep you posted. go the 4kz!!