Calling All Experts... Again!

67Rolla-Ken

Hi all,

I am having great difficulty getting a pair of kits to suit my new carbies.

I keep getting asked 'what vehicle where they released on?' How the phuk would I know!!

The carbies are Aisan and numbered 24060 & 24070, they are Toyota supplied and I think are on the original K series manifold.

gallery_4749_89_60590.jpg

Can anyone tell me the Make, Model and year of the vehicle this was originally released on??

I suspect it is a 'Japan only' model?

EDIT: ignore the filters they are not original.

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Members dont see this ad
Hi all,

I am having great difficulty getting a pair of kits to suit my new carbies.

I keep getting asked 'what vehicle where they released on?' How the phuk would I know!!

The carbies are Aisan and numbered 24060 & 24070, they are Toyota supplied and I think are on the original K series manifold.

gallery_4749_89_60590.jpg

Can anyone tell me the Make, Model and year of the vehicle this was originally released on??

I suspect it is a 'Japan only' model?

EDIT: ignore the filters they are not original.

They are imported KE2# ones. KE1# do not have the PCV valve fitting or the hot idle compensator on the rear carb. KE3# ones have a completly different linkage setup. Just get 2 normal carby kits to suit KE20, thats all I use in both of my sets. Wouldnt have the standard air filter housing still by any chance?

They are imported KE2# ones. KE1# do not have the PCV valve fitting or the hot idle compensator on the rear carb. KE3# ones have a completly different linkage setup. Just get 2 normal carby kits to suit KE20, thats all I use in both of my sets. Wouldnt have the standard air filter housing still by any chance?

Woo Hoo, thanks for the super quick response. Nah, if I had the original housing I'd use it...

Now for the prize... umm, hadn't thought that far :'(

I have a slightly damaged 67 KE10 boot-badge that I can't use? :P

Hi,

Went through some books for you and I am a bit iffy saying an exact model there off.

I have 2 sets of KE15 twin carby in the shed all part numbers line up with my KE15 part manual and both sets the rear carby has the thermostatic valve on the rear one.

But ALL KE1X cars never got a PCV valve on the rear carby but this is easily added so still un sure.

But in my part books the numbers you gave don't line up with any think KE1X or KE3X so I think you got a set from a KE20.

BUT

The fuel pump to carby hose you have is of a KE3X twin setup. Ke1X run all flexi hose and aT piece. KE3X on the other hand run solid line like yours to a brazed on part to run a line to the rear carby.

What also makes it harder is KE1X twin carbies have a small mesh filter inside the casting for fuel in. I can't see the nut on your carbies to remove the filter and KE1X carbys where the fuel line attaches it is a cast nipple that is a part of the top part of the carby. Yours isnt.

I think you have a bits-a setup.

Also KE3X had a small port manifold with brake booster line coming from the rear cylinder yours doesn't so it isn't a KE3X manifold yet carbies suggest to me KE3X or KE2X

So be caerful with your kit choice.

All K motor carby kits vary a tad and to rebuild my sets I bought about 4 kits of KE1X and 2X carbies to do it right. Also can we get more photos as if there is a place for a carbon canister well the carby are 100% not KE1X as they never had a canister think they came in in 1972 to align with ADR rules.

Also twin carbys run SMALLER jets. There not the same as single. So if you get 2 kits for single carby's to redo them and you put those new jets it it will be all different.

Also replacement needle and seats of a few different brands for KE1X twin setups are WRONG..LOL took me a few goes but worked out get a new needle and seat and use the original seat with new needle. The replacement seat from a few different brands is to big the twin carby's run a different needle and seat to singles and all the aftermarket part makers make them the size of single carby ones.

These can be a hand full to rebuild. But worth the effort for the original look.

But more photos of air filters off and the top of the carbies and the rear of them and the part number on the manifold would be awesome.

Cheers

Cameron

OK so it sounds like the kits will be useful, but the jets may not fit. Or were you saying the jets would have bigger holes, in which case they would be perfect??

Just use the jets already in your carbies. Just don't damage them when removing. Give them a tap with a punch before you attempt to unscrew. Just clean with carby cleaner and compressed air. don't attempt to poke wire or drill bits in the holes. If the part number tags on the carbies are still original they are KE2# JDM ones by my KE2# parts book. Would take a picture of the page for you to prove it but i don't have a camera or scanner handy. If you desparatly want to see it ill try and get it done. Id say they are still original, looking at the second lot of pictures as everything is still there, even the correct wire clips on the rubber hose! don't forget to remove the brokel idle mixture screw in the front carby! Genuine Kit number from Toyota is 04211-24013, good luck with that one, you never know!!

Kits I've ordered are 04211-24012, 24013 was not available... I guess we'll see what the differance is?

I'm guessing just the jets.

Yep that would be all. Gaskets, floats etc would be the same. Jets arn't something that normaly "wears out" unless alot of dirty fuel has passed through them. Just blow them out and they will be fine. Primary should be 083 and secondary 126. power jet size 55. Easy to work on. Just don't loose any small parts and use your photos for reference if your unsure of reassembly. Good luck.

Hi,

100% KE20 carbies.

KE10 twins have a different choke system and KE30 has carbon canister ports yours don't also your adjustment screw for the mixture on a KE1X is also different.

Main difference with the kits are between models more holes in carby for pollution gear so more holes in gasket so KE2X gaskets will be fine.

As for jet yes those sizes listed above are correct and should be fine my 1969 twins were like new inside I just blew out with air and reassembled really.

But before you proceed your rear carby has damage it is missing its mixture screw and has a lot of dirt in it. This leads to small passages so that will need a thorougher clean out.

Cheers

Cameron

P.S. Ill try to get a heap of photos up of mine only be phone but straight away you will see about 10 differences in he cabies.