Local Projects Page

Sirolla

Not sure if this is allowed, but thought i'll give it a go.

Any questions related to your projects that you want to ask, goes here. Instead of the other topic being flooded by general and tech questions altogether...

Will be very strict in here, so please, only tech questions only, all other stuff goes to the other topic.

If possible, will trial a template to see how it goes, and also makes searching through the topic alot easier.

Car: (eg. AE92, KE70, TA22)

Engine: (eg. 4AGE, 4AC, 4AGZE, 3SGTE)

Section: (eg. Engine, Brakes, Suspension, Wheels, Interior)

Question/Problem: (eg. Can i fit item A to my car?)

Thanks,

Daven :)

Edited by Sirolla

Members dont see this ad

Sweet as, was just thinking about this. Good idea Daven.

Try the Inox/WD40 spray thing for air leaks birdman, see how you go.

I'm making progress... Motor is in and fuel system done (bar wiring the pumps) but now I'm up to wiring the motor in and to be honest I have no f@$ken idea where to start, not even sure if the loom/ecu combinations I have will work. Tis a real headf@$k. Going to take planning but not really sure how to start... Would be good if my supposed AE82 ECU matched part numbers with the rest of em! Does anyone else have access to an AE82 4AGE ECU so I can check the difference?

DSCF2404%20(Medium).JPG

EDIT: Just rememebred that you've got that AE82 Adam. Could I pinch a few bits off that possibly? or at least come and look at it if these people across the road don't let me snoop around their Twincam hatch.

Edited by Killswitch

I only had the AE82 for about two weeks and we ripped the engine out of it pretty quickly. I've still got the AE82 4A-GE ECU though and you're welcome to compare it to yours (or even better, buy it :jamie:).

As for my projects, we got the GT-Four running again yesterday. Once my financial situation is sorted out, I plan on getting the oil line issue fixed, cleaning the engine bay, and getting it re-registered. Will then take it to L&S or somewhere for new suspension bushes, then get some new 235/45 tyres on the Wedsport rims with a full wheel alignment, and probably into Toyota after that for a full service.

I only had the AE82 for about two weeks and we ripped the engine out of it pretty quickly. I've still got the AE82 4A-GE ECU though and you're welcome to compare it to yours (or even better, buy it :jamie:).

As for my projects, we got the GT-Four running again yesterday. Once my financial situation is sorted out, I plan on getting the oil line issue fixed, cleaning the engine bay, and getting it re-registered. Will then take it to L&S or somewhere for new suspension bushes, then get some new 235/45 tyres on the Wedsport rims with a full wheel alignment, and probably into Toyota after that for a full service.

Did you get the MAP sensor? How about igniter?

• 2 weeks later...

Car: 1989 nissan silvia

engine: CA powah baby + 20psi

Problem: the tread seems to disappear off the tyres at an alarming rate, with the amount i get pulled over this is worrying...

any one got any suggestions?

seriously though.

i DO have a blown head gasket, also have an entire CA18 in good nick with no blown gasket, want to swap motors but alas! no where decent to work on the car.... anyone want to rent their shed or carport for a weekend?

Also have me a AE71 with no motor lol need to get a 4AC if anyone knows where i can get one

see guys i feel the rolla love still ;)

righto i has an engine...

anyone up for helping put it in on sat arvo and sunday?

will put on beers and a good feed for those lending a hand :)

mostly just need help with the little jobs that require 2 people at once

Edited by Ella

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hrmm well i know I'm not there anymore but this sections kinda dead yo

Car: KE70 corolla sedan :y:

Problem: has a "hot 5k motor" when i went to look at it i got the guy to run it... had a serious sound inside the head.

Fixor: well i just pulled the head and manifolds off in an hour (little bit eager lol).... found the last rocker had no retainer and had fallen off, the knocking noise must have been something to do with that, though everything seems to be in order man if it wasnt oily you could eat off the inside of this motor... everythings brand new including bigger valves, better valve springs and recoed head...

Will turn it over tomorrow and listen to the bottom end to be safe then its all going back together and off for rego :P

let yous i know how i goes y'all

• 3 years later...