Old Rolla Factory Stickers

Hi,

Spent the other night in the shed with a razor peeling off a few old stickers I have off a KE1X bonnet and a twin carby air filter I have off a KE1X twin carby air filter box.

So I popped them on the scanner and scanned them into the computer as is.

Now My idea is to photo shop them so they look NEW and get them re-made so I can stick them on my KE15 so it looks spiffy.

Now problem is I can't photo shop don't have the software or know how.

So I have posted the scans of the stickers below in high-ish quality and was curious could some one photo shop them so they look new and post them back up?

But we don't have to stop here if you have a complete sticker etc post it up and we can slowly photo shop them and we can all print them off when needed to make our rollas that one step closer to looking factory.

Cheers

Cameron

Scans below:

post-1811-1229340245_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1229340354_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Members dont see this ad
Hi,

Spent the other night in the shed with a razor peeling off a few old stickers I have off a KE1X bonnet and a twin carby air filter I have off a KE1X twin carby air filter box.

So I popped them on the scanner and scanned them into the computer as is.

Now My idea is to photo shop them so they look NEW and get them re-made so I can stick them on my KE15 so it looks spiffy.

Now problem is I can't photo shop don't have the software or know how.

So I have posted the scans of the stickers below in high-ish quality and was curious could some one photo shop them so they look new and post them back up?

But we don't have to stop here if you have a complete sticker etc post it up and we can slowly photo shop them and we can all print them off when needed to make our rollas that one step closer to looking factory.

Cheers

Cameron

Scans below:

post-1811-1229340245_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1229340354_thumb.jpg

Here's the Air Cleaner decals, just did it quick. I there are a few very minor details that are a bit out, but it something to work with atleast. I better shot if the yellow would be better to get it just right. At the moment the M's and N's aren;t like the original and the comma's are wrong but ill play with it tonight. I have a go at the other one aswell.

post-8001-1241422278_thumb.jpg

Edited by nikctime21

WOW what an awesome job hey if we can get it close to original that would be good but if not oh well still will make the car neat as. :) can't thank you enough.

Also is it possible to do rounded corners on the stickers?

Ok here are a few size messurements of the stickers so we know the rough size we are looking at.

Air filter service one is:

135mm Long and 30mm in height.

Font is 3mm high. I messured a letter "E" for that in the word UNPAVED. All letters same size in height.

Bonnet latch sticker:

80mm wide and 91mm high

Red section where "caution" is written is 15.5mm in height.

All font on the picture is 4mm high. The word caution is 8mm high.

Cheers

Cameron

I am plannign to get a heap of these stickers reprinted through asticker mob after I get the photo shopped files.

You could print them at home on sticker paper but id be worried it just wouldnt stick like a nice vinal one or something and also needs to have some heat resistance.

I also have an original K-B motor rocker Which I will try to get a scann of or a macro photo so we can make it again.

Id like to have a collection of original stickers here that has been photo shopped so members can come on grab the jpeg and go get it printed. So if you have really good condition stickers and can scann them post it up from all different models.

Also nikctime21 did you teach your self photo shop?

Cheers

Cameron

Also nikctime21 did you teach your self photo shop?

Once you get a hang of the basic tools it is really easy. Especially stuff like this. It's basically just

"selecting" the old and ratty looking stickers and then painting over it with the same colour.

What Photoshop program do you use nikctime21? I need a decent free one.

If you know how to use photo shop just grab one of my scanns above post up the resutls see if you can get the correct comma/ paint on the comma. Might have to try this my self to.

Cameron

For the above post yeh i do use photoshop and pretty much taught myself, its just a matter of tracing mostly, but the text manipulation took a while. Luckily the text they use is very close to Arial so i just manipulated those to get the almost spot on.

I'm gonna have a go at getting the comma right and finding a more suitable comma and M.