Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alarm / Immobiliser Advice

Featured Replies

Just after some opinions on this Immobiliser in the link. EBAY

 

The specs seem to have all the main features I would need, except for the central locking motors. I assume any central locking motors could be used to suit, however mongoose ones may be easier to wire up?

 

Theres plenty of motors on ebay that come as a central locking kit. Would it be just as easy to buy both the alarm in the link and a central locking kit. I could use those motors and just throw away the rest of the central locking kit as the immobiliser would already be running them?

 

Is there anything else missing from the immobiliser kit that i should be wary of?

I basically want and alarm, immobiliser and central locking system for my KE30 2 Door. Its a NA engine if it makes a difference for wiring it into EFI.

 

I have to get an auto elec out soon to look over my wiring and fix up a few issues, so I figure it would be a great time to get an alarm installed.

 

I'm open to other recommendations of better immobilisers if you have a tried and proven model. I only chose this model because its a brand I have heard decent things about (obviously not the best on the market, but far from bad), and it complies with Australian Standards, so its acceptable to Insurance companies. Its features also satisfy my needs.

I used the SHADOW immobiliser from Jaycar. You basically buy the immobiliser and the alarm package is seperate for those who only want the immobiliser. As for centeral locking the unit i got has all the pinouts of central locking and jaycar also sell the actuator setups that will hook right up with most of their immobiliser/alarm packages.

i bought a Mongoose M60 a few months ago and put it in my Hilux. Had to buy the door lock motors seperately (but had some left over from the 4 door kit i bought for the ke20), had some trouble wiring the CDL but Kebin pointed me in the right direction!

  • Author
i bought a Mongoose M60 a few months ago and put it in my Hilux. Had to buy the door lock motors seperately (but had some left over from the 4 door kit i bought for the ke20), had some trouble wiring the CDL but Kebin pointed me in the right direction!

 

So you would recommend it?

Are you happy with it, or is it one of those alarms that go off if a car door is slammed 50m away?

I had a Mongoose M80 Series installed in my car. I am quite happy with it. It has an alarm and an immobiliser. So if the alarm is off and the doors are open, the car still can't be started by a thief.

Mine isn't that sensitive but I was told I could get add ons to make it more sensitive. Currently if someone nudges my car hard or in the right place it goes off.

you can adjust the sensitivity - where you install the sensor makes a huge difference, so mount it and then adjust accordingly.

 

I paid $150 (delivered/ebay) and installed it myself, it was my second alarm installation and really took my time with it so its much neater/tamper proof than my last effort.

 

I think the difference between the 60 and 80 series is the number of immobilisation points, mine is only 2 point but is still black wired standards approved etc.

Edited by Jono

  • Author

I have made the purchase, as well as just picking up some CL motors which i have in my hot little hands already.

 

I've got an auto elec coming on friday to sort out my ignition wiring, so he is keen to wire up the immobiliser as well.

 

Thanks Guys.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.