20v Ke10

duggy

Members dont see this ad

well the crank angle sensor in itself doesnt take up much room and all the engine and trans mounts would have to be made up anyway so I think it would just be a case of sitting the engine far enough foward to make it fit yeah?

I would be guessing that the position of the heater core is the same as the ke30 and ke55s so the rear bypass plate would need the outlet for the heater facing the exhuast side which is no big deal. Let us know if you need some conversion parts for this.

I think its silly that anyone would chop the firewall to clear the cooling system when me and others sell the necessary cooling parts to only need less than 30mm of clearence from the back of the head. Unless they didnt know that such a kit was available of course..

In such a small bay it'd be worth throwing away the factory cas, machining out the back off the head and running a 10mm plate over the rear water outlet. Then graft a nissan cas on the front exhaust cam pulley, or run a missing tooth wheel on the crank with a hall effect pickup.

The only problem with crank based pulley is you don't get a home signal at cyl 1 TDC, you get one every 360 deg rather than 720 on the camshaft, so there is no way to run sequential ignition or spark.

The 2jzgte setup is very small,

it has a small magnetic pickup that bolts in to the side of the head on the inlet side,

it works off a small lump on the inlet cam,

i was quite impressed with how small and simple it is compared to my nissan stuff.

Just a thought......