Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5k Into Ke 25

Featured Replies

hi all

I'm currently in the procedure of puting a 5k into my 25 ...do i have to get it engineerd for this ?

i live in nsw

cheers

hi all

I'm currently in the procedure of puting a 5k into my 25 ...do i have to get it engineerd for this ?

i live in nsw

cheers

 

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/dow...ns_nov_2007.pdf

 

being a stickler for the rules....yes, it does need engineering as the capacity increase is greater than 15% (taken from the link above)

 

you can go to a 4k (1.3L) without needing to have it engineered. but a 5k is too large to put in legally without engineering.

 

cheers

dF

I finally found the page for WA. Looks like I will need to go over the pits :yes:

 

Well that will add a couple of months to my build... I don't think the KE20 disc brakes will be enough to please them??

 

 

Edit: 5K into KE10

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

in SA you can got up to a 5k without engineering. just an ID check for the new engine number. but an ID check is also a basic roadworthy.

Well that will add a couple of months to my build... I don't think the KE20 disc brakes will be enough to please them??

 

In qld ke20 disk brakes would definately suffice for such a minor upgrade.

 

I also had no trouble getting them to change my engine number to at the transport department.

no mod plate 5k ke25.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

  • Author

oh ok thanks guess il prob need a brake upgrade than

I finally found the page for WA. Looks like I will need to go over the pits :P

 

Well that will add a couple of months to my build... I don't think the KE20 disc brakes will be enough to please them??

 

 

Edit: 5K into KE10

 

It was enough to get my KE-11 through engineers in VIC. As the power increase is marginal a brake test was not needed. Have KE-55 brakes going on at the moment.

In saying that when the lady at VICROADS thought it was going to be a V8 until she saw it was 4cyl. So if you get right person it might not be needed.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.