April 7, 200521 yr comment_38530 GRAVITY SPRAY GUN HVLP Ive been reading around and every one recommends these grav feed HVLP guns, they seem to range from $50 - $100 (Store in US for $50US + shipping) for a cheap one. What kinda of compressor would i need to run one of these? Alot of them recommend up to 40 CFM. Is there any cheap (under $200) that could run one of these? All the specs Ive got are in L/Min The one I'm looking at is P/Disp: 232L/min FAD: 131L/min Edited April 7, 200521 yr by Jason Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38531 you need a compressor worth at least $650 a $200 2.5hp compressor *will* spray a car, but you'll have to stop and start alot, generally not reccomended if you just want to paint, hire a compressor for the week and do it during holidays Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38533 You can borrow mine if you like. It's 13 CFM, and will run off 10 amp.... Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38551 I've been looking into this too, and Tradetools sell all. You need something at least equivalent to an RP13E. I want to buy one, but first I need to win a lottery. Especially since I now officially have no computer (yay, have internet at home but nothing to plug it to) cause I've sold my desktop and my laptop hard disk crashed yesterday...) Report
April 7, 200521 yr comment_38553 Renegade RP13 is what mine is. I love it, it's a weapon. It'll run anything all day. Edited April 7, 200521 yr by Redwarf Report
April 8, 200521 yr comment_38611 you're. apostrophe of abbreviation signifies phrase is short for "you are" your. expression of ownership. eg "your corolla, my corolla" kids these days have no bloody grammar skills Report
April 8, 200521 yr comment_38619 a good mate of mine works/runs (family business) a place called Compak. They specialise in compressors, battery chargers & air tools http://www.compak.com.au/index.html if you see something you like i may be able to get a good price for you. Their stuff is top quality Report
April 8, 200521 yr comment_38623 We spent $800 on our compresser (19 CFM from memory), but then again, its a real one :D (You get what you pay for) If you want tools, also check out trade tools direct, they sell shitloads of nice tools, I drool every time I walk into one of their stores.. Also note that the spray gun there has a 2.0MM nozzle, 2.0MM is more of a putty gun than a spray gun, for spraing paint (colour) your best off with a 1.5MM to 1.7mm nozzle.. Edited April 8, 200521 yr by Medicine_Man Report
April 13, 200521 yr comment_39044 NickAE86: What sort of money would be required to get something roughly equivalent to the RP13 from Compak? And I would assume spare parts would be available if required? Report
April 14, 200521 yr comment_39268 hey demuire i'll ask for you tomorrow. Afaik all parts on the compak compressors are replaceable unlike some. They come with a warranty...i can't quite remember the rest of the details but i'll post the info tomorrow Report
April 14, 200521 yr Author comment_39269 Also note that the spray gun there has a 2.0MM nozzle, 2.0MM is more of a putty gun than a spray gun, for spraing paint (colour) your best off with a 1.5MM to 1.7mm nozzle.. most for sale now are all 1, 1.4 or 2mm? would 1.4 be ok? Edited April 14, 200521 yr by Jason Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now