Best Ecu For 4agze

j00lz

I'm doin some research and some shoppin round for an ecu, i need it for a 4agze that I'm puttin in2 my rolla, its pretty much standard, but has extractors, 2.5 inch sports exhaust n pod filter (not much really), in the future i want add boost controller and then bigger pully kit but for now just keepin standard but i need an stand alone ecu coz mines damned... i don't really know too much bout cars n specs n what not, i got a couple refered to me but could anyone gimi some feedback/info/opinion as to which is more suited??? would be much appreciated

Haltech The F10X Series

http://www.haltech.com.au/inde...id=16

MicroTech LT8s

http://www.microtechefi.com/mi..._id=3

i looked at Motec, the M400 seems sweet but they give no prices, anyone hav any idea on prices for Motec M400 or anything Motec u could suggest would work well and is not toooo expensive, round the 1000-1500 $$$ mark ???

cheer

Members dont see this ad

from what a mechanic mate who builds 500kw hpi sr20's said, go Motec, or Autronic. at very least Haltech. but it all depends on the tuner your going with and what he's ultimately comfortable with. as well as budget.

2400 would get a new motec m400 in and wired as well as tuned. but that was sr prices.

that being said, a friend of mine who has a 350rwkw rb25 runs a haltech ev11, and the tuner isnt all that flash therefore the car doesnt run too good (takes ages to start cold).

sorry, that doesnt help a lot.

where abouts are you?

joe

i have a power fc. easy to tune i have just got the program but not the cable. but you can order them.

i have heard good things bout motec and adaptronic but i guess depends who installs and tunes it.

I'm yet to here anyone else having a power fc for 4age/4agze's.

i got my 4age which was worked tuned pulled 120kw down the coast then got tuned at springwood pulled 110kw

so all depends who and what tune they do. the 110 was better to drive with fuel lols

Are you gonna do any major mods? Then stick with the appropriate ECU (MAP/AFM). You can chuck a turbo on a GZE ECU and have no big problems, why screw around with 2k+ worth of aftermarket ECU, when you could spend that cash on other mods? Guys are running 175mm Nevo pulleys on GZE's without issues on stock ECU's, and a boost controller will do nothing for you on a SC12. Their main purpose in life is to help control a turbo engine and help that engine come on boost quicker. SC's don't have a wastegate, therefor, nothing for the boost controller to control.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm doin some research and some shoppin round for an ecu, i need it for a 4agze that I'm puttin in2 my rolla, its pretty much standard,

The factory ecu best suits your needs.

Turbocharge your motor before looking at getting an aftermarket ecu. It is a waste of money for very little gains with a standard gze setup.

• 4 weeks later...