9jx13, 165/60-13, Ke70

eiriksmil

Will this work on a KE70? I know it barely works on a Japanese Charmant, and then it should on the KE too? I know a guy in England has got 8Jx14 with about ET10, that's pushing it. I'm gonna roll and roll and roll, just to get that clear. ET23 on a 9" will push it as far out as ET10 will on a 8, but it'll give me 26mms less clearance to the strut. Do you guys think it's room for that? The car will be as low as the Charmant:

1226060354_1.JPG

Members dont see this ad

there is always alternetives to just rollin the gaurds man i hav seen an thread don't know if it's on this site were they pulled the gaurds out, cut them then fiberglass sheeted the gaurd to cover everything again!!! to get clearence for wide wheels on an 86

Outside clearance will be fine with a little flare. I'm running 15x7.5 -8mm offset which is about 12mm more aggressive than the 8 +10s. Inside clearance at the back should clear, front's I think you'll run into some trouble. I'm running AE86 struts and my 15x7 +5s have about 30-50mm clearance (I think).

I'll do some measurements for you this afternoon and will let you know if those wheels will clear.

i don't like your chances. if they're 8" rims in the photo, they're probably just missing the strut as is, and you want to move an inch inwards, and an inch smaller in diameter

not to mention it will ruin the handling with the 50psi you'll need to keep in the tyres, and turn your car into copbait

i run 15x9" with +18 on the rear of my ke70 s/w with 205-50-15's and have heaps of clearance, on the front i run a 15x7.5 -5 with 195-45-15's with 25mm longer lower arms, also run 15x8 +13 and they are extremly close to the strut (like 4mm clearance) but i plan on doing a brake upgrade which will move them out about 7mm and give me enough clearance

you can roll the flat bit out of the guard to give more clearance with a dolly and hammer then smooth over like \/

guardko2.jpg

so some spacers on the front and you should be able to fit 9's all round... Good luck and don't forget to post pics!

I'll do some measurements for you this afternoon and will let you know if those wheels will clear.

My 15x7 +5s have 30mm until it touches the strut. The 8" +10s will sit in a further ~18mm, so these will fit fine with the strut, but it might rub on the inside at full lock. The 9" +23 won't fit at all. The inside clearance for these wheels compared to my wheels will be 43.4mm closer (or towards and through) the strut.

My rears with the 15x7.5 -8 have 65mm+ clearance until it touches my shock. So those 9" +23s should fit as well.

These measurements around all from the wheel, not tyres.

Edited by adam-__-

I'm sure it can be made to fit...

but why on earth would you want 165 tyres???

skinny as

get better wheels that fit with 195's, so you can actually....you know...grip?

Boost+k: well done on the guard flaring, that looks spotless!!

btw what is a "dolly" when you say "dolly and hammer"

Indeed. Thanks a bunch :yak:

Boost+k, can you take a picture of your rear arch/wheel? That'd be awesome.

heres about the best pic i can find at the moment, i didnt do the rear in the same way because i didnt think it was worthwhile with a solid diff (i.e no camber) and i didnt need the track to be that wide, so it still has the step in the arch, i did however pull the whole guard out abit with a MASSIVE slide hammer, the rear is double skinned so youd have to use some heat or cut it to get the smooth effect

kicksvn5.jpg