Red Top 4age Into Charmant.

yohann

hello

I'm about to do the all known convertion

i know i was already in the 4age into ke70 convertion but i need specifique details

1.can i use the igntiter module and ciol from the 4afe?because I'm kinda the only person I'm my country with that engine and i can't go to toyota to buy parts for the 4age cause they don't know about this one

2.heres a couple of pictures of the engine

iknow its a red top but can you tell me exactly what do i need to change exept the manifold cause thats been taking care of

http://picasaweb.google.com/yohannquaziz/E...ey=BuIZLieSvmI#

thank you very much.plz don't delete i really need some help

PS.of course i know i need the gearbox rear diff and all the hydrolic clutch component

Members dont see this ad

Yeah the K stuff will work as long as it's the electronic ignition type coils. The points coils are lower voltage and will melt down with 12V going through em.

i would think you could use the same ignition coil, ive swapped coils around between the older K series motors and a 4AGE for testing electics, and had no problems...

• 3 months later...

Hi there. This is my first post. I am about to do the exact same thing. Got some questions i failed to find the answer to. Please trust me i have done searches :P .. Situation: i got a complete 4A-C from the Charmant and a smallport 4A-GE. If need be, i can get the components from the 4A-C.

1. The starter motor is positioned differently. 4A-GE on driver side (RHS) while my bellhousing is for passenger side starter motor. Can i use the sandwich plate and starter motor from the 4A-C? Any mods done to fit it or just a simple swap?

2. I can't find any coilover kits for Charmant. Can i use the one for AE86? Both front and rear? It has been done here but no mentioning if there's any work done to do it or again just a simple bolt on work. I need to know before i buy the kit. I took a shot of the front and rear suspension but please excuse the angle. I couldn't get a good position to take the shot since it was so cramped.

7r5nubnx3sv3800hq27k.jpg

Comparing to an AE86 front coilover, it surely look similar. Can anyone confirm this?

u3ld93bi1alhlgve2dp.jpg

I am not sure about the rear one..

3. Since i am not replacing the bellhousing, my clutch slave cylinder would be on the same side with the 4A-GE's exhaust pipes. Will this cause any problem?

4. From what i read, the way to avoid recessing firewall is to use a RWD 4A-GE rear water outlet. Is there any other way than this cause it's very difficult finding that part here in Indonesia? Can i just shut the rear outlet with a plate? I know this has been done in a silvertop 20v but i am not sure can this be done in a smallport. Anyway here's a shot of the outlet.

DSC00817.JPG

In case you want to know my project details. Comments are welcome!

Thanks.

Edited by ballpencil

very nice to here about fellow charmant.

actually we are doing the same:P

any how

can you find parts for the charmant there, cause i can't were i live.

yeah the coilover fit dirrectly without any thing to do! direct fit!

any way, send me your messenger on a PM and well talk!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, first post in a while for me here... i thinks.. i am also considering taking on this project, after alot of digging around online i have found complete replacement poly bushings for the charmant, other suspension components and the likes, i currently have a 4A-C engine in there and the only thing that was done to the car was KYB shocks over the standard shocks in the rear... I'm not sure what model shocks since i never bothered to look em up, and the car was converted from an automatic to manual on what i think is a T50 gearbox, does anyone know where and what the markings on the gearbox are so that i can confirm?, currently on standard ride height with 15" 195 tires. Recently changed out the Rad fan by force :) now i have a Mishimoto 14" fan and thats about all the goodies she has got. Unfortunately for me i am mind bent on doing this project propper by restoring the body and suspension before the engine is swapped. Over here Charmant parts arnt so hard to find but its somewhat pricy for a 23+ year old car.

Silly me i forgot to ask, can anyone recommend or... would recommend rear disc brakes over the standard drum setup?, have heard that the Toyota Cressedia rear axel/disc brakes will work as most toyota rear wheel drive cars tend to be similar.