86kw 4age Out - 100 Kw 4age In

tricksta

hey all,

Since beginning to replace the gearbox in my rolla, I have decided to drop the tired old, blue smoke developing 86kw engine to rest and replace it w/ something a little better.

At this stage I have decided on a 100kw 4age motor as they are still 1.6, bolt straight in & don't require u to change to much. I will be doing this with a mate who has done a few conversions already so basically i need a "Rip out - throw in kind of thing"

this started out as just replacing the g/b to replacing the whole lot. This is a daily driver & does need to be back on the road within 2 weeks.

Just pondering on a few questions & wonder if ne1 can help.

1) Are there any other motor/s that would do the job i am after without modifing too much

2) Can any one recomend a good place to get decent engines from

I am Located on the gold coast & regularly in brissy

3) will a gearbox from a 86kw 4age bolt up to a 100 kw 4age

4) do i need to replace the exhaust manifold or will mine fit on 100kw

4) what model/year corolla did the 100kw motor come out in.

5) what sort of $$$$ am i looking at just for the motor(100kw)if anyone knows

Any advice or help would be appreciated guys & girls

Members dont see this ad

Re gearbox: Keep in mind that red top 4AGE uses different clutch and flywheel (I'm fairly sure) to earlier 4AGE. Gearbox should still bolt up though.

Re exhaust manifold: Should be the same across all 16v 4AGE.

Everything else should bolt up. Only issue I can think of (and it's not a big issue) is some of the plugs (for sensors) are different, but you'll get the plugs you need in the new loom.

Edited by demuire

my 100kw 4age (ae93 seca) went in using the rwd 4ac t50. I would assume the 86 & 100kw boxes would bolt up

the 100kw flywheel is 212mm from memory...slightly larger than the 86kw *i think*

motor could set you back anywhere from 600-900. Keep an eye on toymods, i've seen a few 4age's for sale recently...a complete bolt in package (ie starter, loom etc) went for 1k not long ago. You could prolly make some of your money back selling the stuff you don't need