Pick & Payless (blacktown)

Candy_nymphetamine

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone..

I Havent been to pick and pay less in a couple of months, and was just wondering if anyone had been there recently and new if there were many oldschool corollas there? I missing soo many random bits in my car.. & i want better badges lol :no2:

ay nahh been there recently goodluck finding parts man its mainly ae82 and up

andif there is any old skool theremostly stripped 2the shithouse :)

Pickies rarely have much old stuff, there was a ke20 there a few months ago, got raped fairly quick....

Try Northern Auto Wreckers in Londonderry, there may be a few hidden gems there....

Just don't only ring up though.

I rang up one week.

me: "Got any ke30's?"

him: "no"

next week going past, stopped in. had like 5 of them.

fkers

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Pick n payless today report:

One blue ke30 there 95% complete. has rust.

some good panels.

Has a prety good front bumper 8/10 and a 5/10 rear bumper.

Also has a overrated front grill. Its the usual type with the vertical bars. In black.

Now the secret is that I hid the grill and front bar in the back of the ae95 next to it for you rolla club boys. Get on it now!

Edited by cuzzo

• 3 weeks later...

:party:

Found the blue ke30 :dance:

Found these little gems still on it!!

P4060001Small.jpg

The chrome strips run along the tops of the door panels. I was thinking wtf hang on a minute..I don't have those!!! Woo hoo!!, Didnt even know they came out with them!

The am/FM!!! radio is out of a RA40. Dad told me when he had his ke55 they fit perfect and look original. Yet to see if it works. Mine is original am radio, its driving me mental.

Also got the rear springs out of it for my suzy modifiying...

Still has alot of old ke30 dash(not ke55 dash) interior parts also.

I'm still after the chrome rails that run on the gutters though..

• 1 month later...

Got to admit, i was having a grand ol' stroll through the toyota section one morn, stumbled across a soarer (or maybe it was a cressie...?) that had been in some sort of fire...

Fire had somehow gone from the engine into the cabin...

Man, the inside of that thing looked like a Salvador Dali painting, all drooping all over the place. Smelt terrible.

Was quite surreal.

Also found a red Echo that had been butchered for a back-end halfcut, and had been involved in some kind of heavy-impact smash to the drivers door...

The chassis was punched in that far the seat was basically squished in half, you could only just get over half an arse cheek onto the seat, and the roof line was directly above your head.

Was a bit unnerving to sit in it and survey the damage and realise you were sitting where someone might have died. Or at the very least, had incredibly severe trauma to the right legs, knees, hips... possibly even turned a normal person into a paraplegic.

On a lighter note though, i refuse to pay for things like globes & badges. :P

Was at Northern auto wreckers at Londonderry today. That guy is a bit strange. Anyway there is about 6-7 Ke30-55 Corolla's there. All in average condition but still a lot of salvageable parts. I was looking for ke20 parts and there was only one there. Its the same one thats been there for about ten years. I got the roof lining (use for template only!), rear window and some interior plastics. Surprisingly on the front seat there was a set of KE10 taillights and Ke15 sprinter taillights. Both sets complete but faded lenses (expected!).In the car is a late Ke20 grille (schmick), Ke20 console slight damage, Ke20 front door windows, most of the heater demister under dash and the steering column was there. There was absolutely nothing left of the body, except early Ke20 taillights, most rust I've ever seen on a Ke20!!!

• 3 weeks later...
saw a ae71 there wednesday was going to take engine crossmeber n shocks but someone allready beat me to it :bash: its n auto everything else was still there i think

Yeah minus the badge in the steering wheel i took for mine haha.. Mine was like screwed. Got the black cover things that go over the bolts for the windscreen wipers aswell cause i didnt have any :D