3sgte Conversion

TheGhost

gday all.

i have a 2000 ae112r corolla.

and i'm looking in the future to do an engine conversion.

was thinking of building a 7AGE up, with minor mods, like intake, zaust and maybe cams.

but bang for buck would it be easier to do the 3sgte into it?

and has it ever been done in one of these cars before?

cheers, rhys

Members dont see this ad

Do you want bang for buck or a car that is easier to work on, I work on a minimum of one 3S a day at work and it drives me insane, Most pathetic engine toyota has built (since the K motor :hmm:), you have no room to move and almost everything you do to it requires the engine to be removed, 7age is my choice.

isnt a 7age a bit like iffy if you know what i mean, like things arent very reliable with them? i havent looked into them personally but ive heard they can be a handful.

ive heard good about 3sgte in rwd but thats using a beams head on a 3sgte block so a bit different.

Travis

Edited by trav_555

If you get some spool 7AFE forged rods, and some standard 4AGZE pistons you've got a perfect starting point to a 7AGE or 7AGTE. That way you keep the same engine number and keep the fuzz happy. You'll probably need a 4AGZE gearbox to get the right ratio's to make the most of the 7AGTE aswell. Pretty doable depending on how much work you can do yourself.

Why not just turbo the 7afe, wasn't there a factory turbo version?

yes its called the sportivo

If you get some spool 7AFE forged rods, and some standard 4AGZE pistons you've got a perfect starting point to a 7AGE or 7AGTE. That way you keep the same engine number and keep the fuzz happy. You'll probably need a 4AGZE gearbox to get the right ratio's to make the most of the 7AGTE aswell. Pretty doable depending on how much work you can do yourself.

if the budget does stretch at first to using an E5X box off of the 4agze, then a C52 that is on the 7afe will do the job until one is found, you only have to look at the sportivo it has a C52 hanging off of the side of the 7afte, i mean its still not the greatest box in the world but is capable if treated nicely :hmm:

if i did build the 7age i would prob eventually turbo it or put it in my next project car.

the only reason i thought of 3sgte was because they came with good power standard.

plus my engine bay in a lil larger than a mr2 bay right?

Yes but they are also in the Toyota Celica.