Bluterus's Ke70

bluterus

I think its a bit over the top I'll see how it goes all together prob will pull out the 15 though. What do you mean by output? Like power output?

I'm not installing any of it till I respray the car and put in the 4age.

the subs cancel each other out

so having 2 12s in will be lot louder then having the 2 12s and 1 15 in

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the subs cancel each other out

so having 2 12s in will be lot louder then having the 2 12s and 1 15 in

Oh well I'll see what happen's. I'll run variations so 1 15", 2 12", 1 15" and 2 12" and see how it sounds. I thought that might happen. I could always put the amp remotes on a switch and If I'm listening to heavy bass like rap have the 15 but then if I'm listening to more punchy bass I could switch to the 12's.

Oh well I'll see what happen's. I'll run variations so 1 15", 2 12", 1 15" and 2 12" and see how it sounds. I thought that might happen. I could always put the amp remotes on a switch and If I'm listening to heavy bass like rap have the 15 but then if I'm listening to more punchy bass I could switch to the 12's.

size doesn't really matter when talking about bass, i had 8inch subs in my car and they get down to 20hz and a really bassy. no different to when i had 2 15s

size doesn't really matter when talking about bass, i had 8inch subs in my car and they get down to 20hz and a really bassy. no different to when i had 2 15s

Yeah true unless their slim lines since they only have a shallow basket they have a much shorter throw so you can't feel the bass as much.

On another note all I need is an AE71 Tailshaft and fuel pump! Could anyone help me out with a manual AE71 tailshaft? I wanna get the engine done since I just found out my XR8 has thrown a bearing and they're quoting 5-10k for repairs! What a rip.

Anyways the xr is gonna be off the road for around 2 months so want the keto going good.

Ok so I picked up the wheels on Thursday and they needed a bit of work.

hotties2.jpg

I spent 14.5hrs on Friday and Saturday cleaning the black off the front of the spokes with thinners and a rag. After I took the paint off the rims we're pretty badly pitted so I had to use steel wool to remove most of it. I then used a polishing pad on a drill to polish the wheels up.

hotties4.jpg

After that had to mask each individual spoke which took like an hour per wheel.

hotties5.jpg

The finished product after painting.

hotties7h.jpg

hotties8.jpg

I only got two done the other two I'll do this weekend. I think they came up pretty good though.

This is the only pic I have of them on the car I took at like 6am this morning in the car port. Will get some more soon.

rolla16.jpg

Oh a two weeks ago I also put in a tacho dash and fitted some blue LED dash lights and a Gizzmo dual stage shift light I had sitting around. The shift light really has no use on the 4K as I set it at 5000rpm to get ready to shift and like 5750rpm to shift but it takes like 10 seconds to go between the two.

rolla14.jpg

Oh yeah also spent $100 on new wheel nuts and centre caps but they only had speedy stickers to stick on the centre caps.

• 10 months later...

I thought I'd update this page as I haven't in ages! Reason for that being I haven't done much to the car but I have got lots and lots of goodies. $6,666.15 worth to be exact.

So far this is where I'm up to.

I took out the tail lights and took the rear bumper off to get a good look at the rust. Also pulled off the plastic strips down the side and the chrome trim from around the window.

I totally stuffed the chrome strip around the window. It was sooo flimsy and the plastic inside it broke like it was a cheap chocolate easter egg.

The rust looks way worse now I've taken a screwdriver to it lol.

Both these top sides I'm going to cut out and replace with new sections I have.

dsc00361q.jpg

dsc00363i.jpg

This part I'll just cut out and weld a plate in.

dsc00364y.jpg

dsc00365zl.jpg

The bottom section here I'll just cut off the whole way along then just press a new piece up and weld it in its place.

dsc00362ar.jpg

I pulled apart my 4AGE so I could start rebuilding it. The last owner of the motor said the head was rebuilt 15,000km's ago but I find that hard to believe as it was filthy!

Here's some pics of how bad the top end is and how bad the parts are. Looks like it hasn't had regular or decent oil changes.

dsc00368f.jpg

dsc00369j.jpg

dsc00370w.jpg

This is the rust in the number one bore. Its from sitting outside with the spark plug not in all the way.

dsc00373sx.jpg

dsc00374y.jpg

I got the head cleaned up the shop charged $110 with stem seals replaced supplied by me.

dsc00415b.jpg

dsc00414l.jpg

I acquired 3 more bigports off a guy on AE86DC I swapped a pc for them. 1 was setup for carbys in rwd with a 7 rib block, rwd water pump and alternator bracket so I've stripped that down so I can use the block.

Also the cams in there look as though they have a higher lift than the stock ones. I measured them with the vernier and they're about .5mm bigger than my stock bigport cams so I've put those into my head.

Here's a Picture of the cams in the Head they are a lot cleaner than my ones too.

dsc00422ro.jpg

This is the 7 rib block that I'm going to get cleaned up and use.

dsc00430uq.jpg

I pulled apart the 7 Rib block and was having a read through that bill sherwoods 4AGE page turns out this block is a 7 rib big port. Its 7 rib with no oil squirters. Check out how much bigger the connecting rods and gudgeon pins are than the standard bigport.

Don't know if they are stock but these came off the carbied 4age apparently it was in a ke30 race car.

dsc00443h.jpg

Got stuck into the interior and ripped out most of it. Seats, carpet, centre console, lower console and most of the dash.

Ripped off the chrome trims on the outside of the car gutters and got them off without ruining them. Took off the headlights, grill, bumper, beaver panel and blinkers.

Can't wait to get the 4AGE in. Going to paint the engine bay black then throw in the 4AGE and get it running so I can take it for a spin then have some incentive to get the rest of the car done.

dsc00451a.jpg

dsc00452p.jpg

dsc00453fq.jpg

dsc00445w.jpg

Just a pic of the engine bay so can get a before and after.

dsc00448yh.jpg

I was going to do a full respray but as I'm going white I'll just paint the whole outside, engine bay, door jams and boot and underbody in body deadener. The floor doesn't have any rust neither does the inside of the roof so I don't see any point repainting them if I'm just going white.

I got the bonnet off, tailshaft out, exhaust off, engine and gearbox totally loose and ready to just lift out and removed the radiator about 1 week ago. I took my time and attached tags to all the wires and pipes so I know what goes where and can work out what I do and don't need.

dsc00460c.jpg

dsc00461xr.jpg

Sorry for the massive post but just getting this thread up to speed as I want to become a more frequent member on here as I'm mainly on AE86DC.

• 2 weeks later...
Got a bit of work to go yet cobba, trust me!

Tell me about it but at least I've got most of the shopping done. Last bits to buy are spark plugs, oil, bearings and I'll be buying of AJPS this week full super pro bushing kit and boge shocks.

Going to do some more work on the engine bay tonight just rip out the pollution gear, drain the brake fluid and start cleaning it all up. Going to take the front guards off and run the wires from the battery through to the underside of the guard then back on the top of the engine bay.

Then prep the engine bay for painting.

I'd say she wont be finished for say 2-3months at least unless I ditch the missus and work on it everyday but I can't see that happening lol.

Got some more work done last night.

Pulled out all the old pollution crap, coil, master cylinder, some of the brake lines and wires.

I can't seem to get the brake booster out. I'm pretty sure I've got it undone and its just stuck but I don't want to force it and break something.

I took off the master cylinder, the 4 bolts on the interior holding it in, I removed the pin that connects it to the pedal and the spring on the pedal too.

It seems loose but it just doesn't want to come out. Have I missed anything or should I just jam a big flat head screwdriver down behind it and pry it out?

Just a pic of the engine bay now.

dsc00503m.jpg

I also bought some 20thou pistons and rings and a spigot bearing this morning so I can get the engine finished. I also bought some front and back wheel bearings.

Got the old pedal box out last night and threw in the AE71 pedal box.

It was a pain in the butt to get in. The steering column couldn't go any lower and I didn't have the dash cap off so the top bolts were hard to get to because they were behind the windscreen vent. The brake booster came straight out once the pedal box was loose.

I drilled the holes for the clutch master but I need to make the bottom hole a bit further over to the right as its about 5mm out so the brake master holes are just off.

dsc00523q.jpg

dsc00524kx.jpg

Gotta love that plastic on the firewall it reminds me of a chocolate easter egg how it breaks.

Edited by bluterus

I picked up my block finally on the weekend I had it bathed, Bored, Honed, New gallery plugs and New brass welch plugs.

Painted it up yesterday in Ford light blue now its ready to assemble can't wait!

Also painted my lowered springs in the same colour. I painted the pedal box pedals too just a fresh coat of black.

dsc00539yv.jpg

dsc00536t.jpg