Help!- Where To Send My Motor In Brisbane...

Ella

Hi6 or 6A will not advance the curve, hence you cannot lock the dizzy (for NA) and expect good results. :yes:

I'm pretty sure a Hi6 is also analog btw!!

You need to get something like below from either Crane or MSD for it to be a digi unit....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/msd-digital-6plus-i...A1%7C240%3A1318

Members dont see this ad

Locked dizzy + Jaycar programmable timing computer + 6AL/Hi6 = timing control.

Otherwise, just a stock dizzy with a CDI. The Crane is definitely digital, the Mallory 6A is also digital.

Better rev limiting witout the need for Pills (just set the dial) AND something I forgot, the Tacho testing function to make sure your tach is accurate. Also there is a model Hi6 with 2 stage rev limiting if you want for staging etc. You can also get a plug in unit for step retard/manual retard control.

The only thing the MSD digital 6 has over the Crane Hi6 is the Start Retard function and it's standard with Step retard. Plus you pay 300 bucks more for it.

Edited by philbey

hrmm interesting stuff you guys have to say there RE: the CDI systems will take it all into account when I'm buying, for now once the motors done will it be ok with new platinum plugs and my current GT40RT coil and the stock dizzy?

Yeh, you'll be fine with that to get it running, main concern would be the timing advance, big cam and carbs will need between 10-20 degrees static advance. The lumpier you go, the more advance you'll need. This means that once your full advance would most likely be very high and could cause issues.

Simply put, yes.

In detail, Static means the advance your dizzy will have set when it is not running. Once your car increases revs, a set of weights inside the dizzy increase your advance to a set higher value. On top of this, many cars also run Vacuum advance, which is a little vacuum actuator that increases advance depending on engine load.

Simply put, yes.

In detail, Static means the advance your dizzy will have set when it is not running. Once your car increases revs, a set of weights inside the dizzy increase your advance to a set higher value. On top of this, many cars also run Vacuum advance, which is a little vacuum actuator that increases advance depending on engine load.

yeah mines not hooked up, should i hook that up or would it be worth leaving it off?

i firgue if ALL of repcos suppliers don't have em then a engine rebuilder (who would likely get his bits from repco anyways) probably wouldnt either...

I would not think any worthy engine builder would buy anything from repco, as they are now only retail stores and don't make any engine parts anymore.

Would come from suppliers like ACL/MAHLE or PRECISION international.

I`ll do some research on customers that way and get a reply up.

Is southport too far?

stu.

Where's southport? lol

Just north of surfers.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

But that guy is now retired, so ive just found out. :)

Try these guys out in Northgate. A mate that used to live up there has used them in the past and thinks highlly of them.

Mick Cashell engines and parts.

5/39 Toombul rd

Northgate, QLD, 4013

Hope that helps

stu.

Well after talking about a few possibilities as to what may be the problem to TRD ke70 when i got the lifters off him last night we discussed a few possibilites which i investigated this after noon in better light, turbs out he was quite correct in assuming the old owner of the car had built the motor with a 4k head gasket (fkn lol) and this may very well have been my problem all along, though probably also a collapsed lifter, so as soon as i can lay my grubby hands on a gasket ill be re assembling her with the new lifters and seeing how it goes :lolcry:

keep you all posted :dance: