How Hard Is It To Supercharge The 4age?

MISS SX

Members dont see this ad

hey done some more lookng into this....

you can slap the s/c gear on to an n/a 4age no worries....

id go for the bigport though. the aw11 I'm buying has an n/a blutop thats had ae92 gtz s/c and ecu put on it, faster than 4agze casue of the extra compression :D

hey done some more lookng into this....

you can slap the s/c gear on to an n/a 4age no worries....

id go for the bigport though. the aw11 I'm buying has an n/a blutop thats had ae92 gtz s/c and ecu put on it, faster than 4agze casue of the extra compression :dance:

So it's running 9.4:1 compression and 10psi boost? You've just captured my interest. Has it been setup that way for long??? The bigport head would also be an advantage. It's pretty much all my engine's missing (I've got AE101-spec 4AGZE). Either a bigport 16 valve or a 20 valve, that is :)

Just on the topic, I plan on putting some pretty wild cams in my motor (much later down the track when I suddenly become rich :dry: ). I'm thinking 304 intake and 288 exhaust with a bigport head. I'd take the redline out to 9000rpm, meaning that the supercharger would start making 15psi boost, but I was going to leave the compression ratio stock (8.9:1). Does anyone have any idea if this would work, or would the comp. ratio be too low for me to be able to get the engine to get up to those rpm?

apparently you can wind 8psi into a stock 4age with minimal side effects

those are pretty big cams, and that's alot of boost. not being used to working such numbers out, i'd suggest you get proper cam timing specs (304/288 can be ALOT of cams) and calculate the dynamic compression you'll get by combining that static compression, those cams, and that boost

calculate DC for a stock motor, for modified motors that you know hold together, and for your plans. if yours has way more DC than the ones that work, then likely you're in trouble

i couldn't really tell you an ideal DC for a 4age, those new fangled overengineered twincam crossflow things break all the rules. a long time ago you used to have to be super-careful (everything balanced within 0.5g, blueprinted, etc) running over 8.4, but a honda D series motor runs 9 stock!!!