Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

20valve???

Featured Replies

Hey all, I was just writing to find out if anyone knows of any good workshops where I can get a 20 valve put in my baby. I just got a letter the other day telling me I have lost my licence for 6 months, :P

so I thought I would use the 6 month to the best of my advantage......

 

I have always wanted to chuck a 20V I it but never really had a chance or reason to do it.

 

Any help will be much much appreciated

 

Cheers Ben

hrmm dare i say any decent import/performance workshop would be able to do it.

 

tho having just moved here i wouldnt know of which ones would be good...

 

any locals got an idea?

Hey all, I was just writing to find out if anyone knows of any good workshops where I can get a 20 valve put in my baby. I just got a letter the other day telling me I have lost my licence for 6 months, :wink:

so I thought I would use the 6 month to the best of my advantage......

 

I have always wanted to chuck a 20V I it but never really had a chance or reason to do it.

 

Any help will be much much appreciated

 

Cheers Ben

 

Hey there,

 

I think I met you at a Rolla Club Cruise in SA once.

 

My AE71 died shortly after this cruise, and I am currently doing a 20 valve conversion myself.

 

Seriously, do some research and do as much of it yourself as you can. I am doing the mechanical side myself, installation, etc and then sending it someone else for the wiring of ECU etc. I think if you do it yourself with shopping around, getting parts off forums etc you can do it for under 3 grand.

 

I have spent heaps of time on here researching, there is quite a bit to the conversion but it is easy once you know most of it.

 

On the plus side you already have a manual AE71, it is just a case of buying the motor, the necessary cooling parts and then some sort of computer setup if you are not going to run the standard ECU.

 

PM me if you have any questions.

 

Luke

Kaizen Garage

AE86 Specialists

New and Used Parts as well as Specialised Electrical Work for Toyota, Nissan, Mazda and Subaru

QLD Agent for Adaptronic Engine Management

Phone Anthony 0415 185 815 [email protected]

NEW WORKSHOP PHONE 07 3633 0186

located at the gold coast

Road & Track

66 Pine Mountain Road, North Ipswich,

Queensland, 4305, Australia

Terry - 32017079

[email protected]

  • Author

wow thanks heaps everyone, i will be using all of your info to the absolute fullest.

 

Luke..Luke???? hhmm not to sure, I'm sure if i seen you i would be like "oh Luke"..

 

:wink:

Road & Track

66 Pine Mountain Road, North Ipswich,

Queensland, 4305, Australia

Terry - 32017079

[email protected]

 

Bit of free advertising there Trev :wink:

Bit of free advertising there Trev :wink:

 

Its a corolla, I have to have some fun somehow :hmm:

 

I hate running out of toyota work as then I have to fix bmw's, nissans and shit like that, Corollas make me happy in pants :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.