Ke3x / Ke55 Mirror

JiP

Members dont see this ad

I went into a really dark room and shone a light up the mount hole so I could see inside behind the mirror. There is about a 1cm ring around the edge of the mirror. I might see if one of my mirrors is bad and smash it.

I went into a really dark room and shone a light up the mount hole so I could see inside behind the mirror. There is about a 1cm ring around the edge of the mirror. I might see if one of my mirrors is bad and smash it.

Easy to install when the plastic was new and flexible, the mirror plastic housing now being 30 years old has hardened and will make removal difficult.

don't smash the glass its 7 years bad luck?

I might paint the whole thing and scrape the paint off the glass. My only other option is maybe sticking a flat headed screwdriver in the mount hole and pushing on the glass. I'm afraid to scratch the backing tho. I think i'll need to open this one up anyway as the bolt from the inside has fallen inside. :cool:

Hey mate. I've painted many mirrors before and you just tape them up.

Then use a razor blade carefully, on a 45deg angle, to trim the edges.

Just a small hint, leave a piece of tape sticking out in the middle (coz it can be difficult to lift the tape up once it's painted over)

Depending on how neatly you trimmed the edges, you may have to clean up the mirror carefully with the blade......