Falken_KE30

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So car is off road again atm.

Rebuilding the carby, bought new Gasket for between head and manifolds. New gaskets for between carby and manifold.

Front shocks have been reoiled with thicker oil.

All i have to do is re bleed the brakes as its not firm enough, then piece the carby back and put it back on.

Was a little bored today so went to mums where the car is atm, Replaced the dizzy cap as the old one was corroded to buggery. and cleaned the engine bay of all its grease and mostly Mud :dance:

ITs not perfect, but damn better, and much easier to work on now, not getting covered in mud haha

Before

photo0390.jpg

After

photo0391.jpg

Have ran out of autosol, so didnt polish any of the metal, might get the cut polish onto the passenger side strut tower. you can see its all stained from oil and crap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, been uming and arring about what to do with the yellow POS for the last 3-4 months. its been in shed out of sight.

Had a few interested peeps come and look at it, best offer i got was $300 :(.

So it ran out of rego 6weeks ago, and i have been slowly pieceing together a 4k for it.

It consits of

a 4k (durrr)

Lightend flywheel i had put away ages ago to use one day.

Excedy HD clutch

Head shaved/cleaned/crack tested.

New Head Gasket

New Extractor Gasket

Rebuilt Carby

New points

Dizzy Cap

Leads

Rotor button

4 speed

Maybe other things i missed, but thats the majority of it :lolcry:

Just only got it running like 15 mins ago. started first pop, and idled perfect.

Havnt driven it yet, as i need to put a new oil filter, and fresh oil in. just wanted to make sure it started and ran first :yes:

So plans now are tidy it up, run it,

And possibly sell it off, or trade for something different. not sure yet.

Will chuck some pics up later, but its just stocko 55 :lolcry:

$300 pfft, tight arses!

Did that guy who wanted a "rally car" for $1000 ever come have a look. He kept PM'ing me wanting to buy dirt.

Shame its not just a beat up old bitch like dirt then you could just let the rego expire and tuck it away as a car-soccer car!! :lolcry:

• 2 months later...

So, have been driving it around for last 4-5 weeks, and my god. i have had no one engine problem since i rebuilt it.

I do have noisy tappets, but CBF fixing them atm.

And one shock in rear died. but bought 2 new ones.

Got a new headunit in, 4 speakers,

Sold the rear leaf pack and put stock stuff in., sadly enough my "2 inch lower" reset leaves are higher then the stock ones i put in, go figure :S

Have done 1200kays on engine and it feels strong as, don't have any plans for her at this time, maybe start on body work, rims, lower, and I'm leaning towards a T motor swap later on. but thats ages away.

anywho, some pics as of a few weeks ago, shes a bitch lol.,

sany1246.jpg

sany1245.jpg

sany1242.jpg

sany1241.jpg

I'm leaning towards a T motor swap later on. but thats ages away.

If so, the 4T-GTE(U) if you can find one anywhere, wherever they are, otherwise, the 3T-GTE(U). It's said that those 2 engines are the Best T-Series Engines ever made.

Josh :S