Wheel Nuts

bezender

hey guys,

could anyone provide specs/pics of the kinda wheel nuts that i will need to put my trx wheels on the rolla?

have been to a couple of tire places, and they just scratch their heads.

would rather not swap the studs out of the hubs

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

carl

Edited by bezender

Members dont see this ad
hey guys,

could anyone provide specs/pics of the kinda wheel nuts that i will need to put my trx wheels on the rolla?

have been to a couple of tire places, and they just scratch their heads.

would rather not swap the studs out of the hubs

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

carl

Just look at the hole in the wheel and find out if you need flat, shanked, rounded or chamfered wheel nuts, then get ones to suit the Corolla studs.

Normal policy is if the thread size is the same then use whatever nuts came with the wheel, if the thread isn't the same size then use the same style nut but with the appropriate thread for the studs.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

As above, use the nuts that come standard with your wheels.

Changing wheel studs is an incredibly easy job to do.

I have late model sigma studs in my AE86, same thread just longer (and newer). The pickapart person didn't even charge for them.

Custom nuts seems an expensive and unnecessary option.

As above, use the nuts that come standard with your wheels.

Changing wheel studs is an incredibly easy job to do.

I have late model sigma studs in my AE86, same thread just longer (and newer). The pickapart person didn't even charge for them.

Custom nuts seems an expensive and unnecessary option.

the origional nuts would have been used if they fitted the rims :D

the custom nuts were $30 LOL. generic nuts cost more...

it's pointless swapping studs, when at a small cost I can get shiny nuts that fit perfectly ?

bit of background first of all, i have had the car for about 3 months, only things i have changed on it is the fuel pump, and dropped a weber in... I'm not too sure yet what previous back yard mechanics have done to it

As for my choice of nuts. trx rims should really have shanked nuts on them (i went for this option, not only because they are what the trx's had on them, but also cos it will be a lil while before i get hubcentric rings in to take the load off the studs, and get it on the hub).

the nuts that i had on the stockies were all miss matched and as they arent shanked they could not get enough purchase on the studs for my liking. i don't fancy loosing a wheel while driving :y:

i took one of the nuts in, and they matched up the thread to one of the studs that they had lying around. pretty sure they guy said it was common on fords, not 100% sure what he said though, the dude was mumbling, and i was distracted by a nice cefiro in the carpark