Ke10 Or Ke11?

Ke20nut

this may sound stupid, but how is it possible to tell if your vehicle is a ke11. Is it actually stamped on the body number. Cos my car i have purchased has ke10 - B . Does the dash B mean its a ke11 , or is it a ke10 . I own another two ke10s and both of them just have ke10 on the body number. I'm wonder what the dash B stands for on the one i just purchased . Even the original owners manual has it listed as a ke10. i have been told by some that its a ke11 by the grill and tail lights but I'm not so sure now .

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

From what I've seen:

Ke10-b's were the first of the ke1x series to have local content. They are all AMI badged, and don't have the York Motors plate like the earlier imported cars did.

As you stated they are basically exactly the same as a ke11, with a 3k, the later dash, front bumper, guards, front indicators/parkers, tail lights, grill, etc.

Has yours got a Borg Warner diff in it? Most of the ke10-b's I've seen over the years do.

If it was a ke11 it would have ke11 at the start of the chassis number.

ok thanks so its a ke10 cheers appreciate the good info. my diff has the banjo type , where you can remove it comepletely. no backing plate. is this the borg warner? its been a few years since i played round with the diff

Edited by Ke20nut

I also have a KE10-B

From what i can tell, it is essentially a KE11 body with KE10 engine (K instead of 3K)

Mine also has a jap diff, apparently AMI did some of part substitutions which is also evident on my AMI '69 RT40 Corona diff.