Ca18det, Costs

xjaxsonx

ok, i know this question has been asked thousands of times.

but when searching for it i could only find old threads.

I wanna know what cost I'm looking at to buy a...

CA18DET stock (complete) engine need ECU and Wiring loom

i already have a CA18DE auto gearbox for it. (don't WANT MANUAL ENGINE)

BTW i have a complete(wrecked) silvia at home with CA18DE engine (runs)

so any extra parts you think i might need that i can't get from the silvia to make the CA18DET engine run please let me know!!

Thanks. all reply would be muchly appreciated

P.S

If this is posted in wrong section let me know and i will post else where.

ENGINE WILL BE GOING INTO THIS KE55

o1abo.jpg

Members dont see this ad

thanks lol!. now you said that, if my roof has been weakened by the cutting to install this sun roof (and its gets failed on road worthy) am i able to install a roll cage to pass it?

BTW still after a ruff price on what i have posted above so any info will be muchly appreciated

well I'm putting a ca18det into mi ke20, ive purchased my motor with loom/ecu for $500. It was so cheap because it was private and i have intentions for a full rebuild. Half cuts are alot more expensive if you don't want to rebuild motor as you can hear it running before you buy. I'm also going auto but I'm using a jatco 3spd which i also have.

well I'm putting a ca18det into mi ke20, ive purchased my motor with loom/ecu for $500. It was so cheap because it was private and i have intentions for a full rebuild. Half cuts are alot more expensive if you don't want to rebuild motor as you can hear it running before you buy. I'm also going auto but I'm using a jatco 3spd which i also have.

kk thanks = ), i just want engine loom, ecu don't need a halfcut. good luck with your ke20 = )

so do you think $1000 would get me want I'm after?

any reasons for keeping it auto ?

probably cheaper in the long run to convert to manual?

ca's are worthless in the nissan world :y:

probably pick up a complete n/a motor for anywhere from 300 up

yh i like auto's = )

and i already have a silvia with a non turboed ca18 running. (doesnt drive just runs)

but i now want to go with turbo engine instead.

kk thanks = ), i just want engine loom, ecu don't need a halfcut. good luck with your ke20 = )

so do you think $1000 would get me want I'm after?

yh i like auto's = )

and i already have a silvia with a non turboed ca18 running. (doesnt drive just runs)

but i now want to go with turbo engine instead.

yea $100 should definately get u a motor + loom/ecu

the main reason I'm going auto is coz its going to drag at events, and i want consistent times. And it wont loost boost between gears...

I'm going ca mainly to prove the people wrong who don't like ca's and reckon they are shit..

yea $100 should definately get u a motor + loom/ecu

the main reason I'm going auto is coz its going to drag at events, and i want consistent times. And it wont loost boost between gears...

I'm going ca mainly to prove the people wrong who don't like ca's and reckon they are shit..

kk, thanks :D

yeah main reason I'm getting a ca18 is because there pretty cheap and for what i want it for it "should" do the job fine.

you should get a project thread up... i wanna see your car in progress :y:

heya, does anyone know if i am running a high risk of blowing up a CA18DE (non turbo) engine if i was to turbo it.?

i know people say its just cheaper to swap ca18det but ---how much does turboing it cost ruffy??---

BTW it will only be running standard boost, keeping it pretty stock.

if i ever plan on modding it i will just get ca18det.

CA18DET - $1200 - $1500

Custom Engine Mounts - $$$$$

Custom Gearbox Mounts - $$$$

Custom Tailshaft - $$$$

Fuel System - $500

Wiring and Tuning - $500 - $1000

You won't get away with this for under $3000 and that is if you do some of the mechanical work yourself.

CA18DET - $1200 - $1500

Custom Engine Mounts - $$$$$

Custom Gearbox Mounts - $$$$

Custom Tailshaft - $$$$

Fuel System - $500

Wiring and Tuning - $500 - $1000

You won't get away with this for under $3000 and that is if you do some of the mechanical work yourself.

i got a mate building it = ) at his shop. but I'm still planning to pay about that. cheers mate.

Still wouldn't mind getting an idea about the risk of turboing a ca18de...

hey mate

i helped a mate put a ca18de + t into an ae86

we got the kaizen garage mounts, but that wont work in your ke35/55. so your gonna need to get custom made engine and gbox mounts. if you got a mate with a welder it wont take much to make them. the kaizen mounts were just a few peices of metal welded together on the right angle, not much do it really.

tailshaft: cost my mate 350 i think, for a single peice tailshaft with brand new uni joints at either end,

differential: (you are goin to need a new diff), most exy part, he used a yr22 torago diff ($350) got it modified by the pros ($350) again, he also got a rose jointed rear end (bout 350$ again, not entirely needed though).

fuel system: 2 pumps, surge tank, new line (8mm is the way to go), allow $300

intercooler piping: we made our own, out of scraps of old piping out of mates nissans, but if your goin to get it made by a pro, be prepared to pay 600 or so, even more.

exhaust: think he jsut got 3" straight through, with a cat, like 400$ i think

thats about it to get the engine sitting in the car.

now onto the engine

ca18de, you say you have one? if so think it cost like 400 for us

turbo and manifold: 2nd hand off someone, allow prolly 250-300, though you can get bargains from time to time, but you want a decent condition one.

your gonna need the ecu/loom/injectors off a turbo model, prolly allow 300 again for purchase, and another 150 or so for cleaning and flow testing injectors. you will need them cleaned.

and someone to wire it up, got beerhead off here to do it for us, think it was 250 or so, great guy beerhead! top workmanship too

right now on to the fun bit.

we blew up 2 CA18de's with this setup.

reason? REVS!!!!

get a rev limiter asap, ca18's don't have a stock rev limit, and they sure rev like hell with boost and a light car.

you shoudl really get an aftermarkte ecu, cuase with the raised compression of the ca18de all the timing will be out.

but it does work well with the stocko ecu, and it absolutely haulss ass too. damn fast. but yeah to do it properly id get an aftermarket ecu.

good luck mate

Edited by ke70dave