Might Aswell Start My Blogger

ca18 bluebird

I have a very nagging suspicion you are going to be extremely disappointed with this build. You say you're going to use entirely OEM parts, yet you're aiming for 13.5 compression and 8500rpm? And you're not going turbo because of the cost of braking stuff? By the sounds of it you're going to be spitting rods out of the block left right and centre, especially with the amount of stroke increase needed to go from 1.6L to 2.0L.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking the other night the na s2000 donk is rated at 184kw so could do the 150rwkw reliably maybe, although cuts are expensive probably ultimately cheaper than building something to do similar. Pretty sure the s2000 engine spins clockwise too. 6 speed box too :)

Was thinking the other night the na s2000 donk is rated at 184kw so could do the 150rwkw reliably maybe, although cuts are expensive probably ultimately cheaper than building something to do similar. Pretty sure the s2000 engine spins clockwise too. 6 speed box too :jamie:

It's not a 1.6L stroked to 2.0L though :)

I have a very nagging suspicion you are going to be extremely disappointed with this build. You say you're going to use entirely OEM parts, yet you're aiming for 13.5 compression and 8500rpm? And you're not going turbo because of the cost of braking stuff? By the sounds of it you're going to be spitting rods out of the block left right and centre, especially with the amount of stroke increase needed to go from 1.6L to 2.0L.

ok the engine once stroked will be 86x86 so 8200rpm should be fine. Anyway i will post my results whether i am dissapointed or not. TBH the figure really means nothing to me, its just a goal. If it drives great and is a fun car but makes lss than my goal i wont be dissapointed.

13.5:1 comp, what street legal fuel will this be using?

E85? :)

I'm not going to hold my breathe for a dyno sheet.

Good luck all the same though.

bingo there is a enfuee around 5-10 mins from me

Was thinking the other night the na s2000 donk is rated at 184kw so could do the 150rwkw reliably maybe, although cuts are expensive probably ultimately cheaper than building something to do similar. Pretty sure the s2000 engine spins clockwise too. 6 speed box too :jamie:

i was ver very close to buying an f20c, they are a great motor! i have a conection in new zealand that could have got me one here with gearbox, diff and dash for just above $7k nz landed so that would have been a very cool option. There is a reason the japs drop the f20c's in the ae86's cause it would just be soo much fun.

i think all we have to do is wait and see for the final product?

when are you starting this project?

where are you at again?just curious where you getting your parts or engine from?

have fun and good luck!

want to start asap, however the engine wont be here till at least next week. the donk came from nz and i am located in adelaide

Call me when its done.

well ill just send a pm.

Same in QLD, no service stations have it, but can get the v8 supercar spec stuff in drums. Am still deciding whether to put my 2jzeee on e85 or c16, 109 octane is like $210 for 20 litres, stuff knows what c16 is now. How much are you getting e85 20l drums for?

Edited by oke020

will be good to see this when it is done but meh it is your build and i think you have near everbody interested to know what motor you are using and when it comes out i have a feeling every body is gonna be like oh thats what it was and holy shit!!

BTW wtf comes out with 13.5:1 compression ratio???

Edited by mr ae71