Might Aswell Start My Blogger

ca18 bluebird

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly how you plan to get 150kw out of an N/A 4-cylinder engine too, especially if thats ATW figures. Anything short of an F20C or BEAMS will require extreme bucket loads of cash to even get close (F20C and blacktop BEAMS are the only two relatively common engines in Aus that would get that at the flywheel, let alone at the wheels).

Exactly how you plan to get 150kw out of an N/A 4-cylinder engine too, especially if thats ATW figures. Anything short of an F20C or BEAMS will require extreme bucket loads of cash to even get close (F20C and blacktop BEAMS are the only two relatively common engines in Aus that would get that at the flywheel, let alone at the wheels).

x2

Was going to say a 13bpp could make that, but he said its a 4 pot. :P

Please explain????

Is that all???

Some details and pics would be good.

What engine are you starting with? big capacity/comp/revs required :)

capacity will be 1.6 stroked to a 2L, compression 13.5:1 and revs will be 8200 for now. I am operating within a budget, but obviously something like this wount be too cheap.

ill go into more detail when when a bit more progress is made with pic

Edited by ca18 bluebird

why infatuation with NA power? seems like an awfully hard way to get 150rwkw. are you on a restricted license or just hate turbocharging? because you could easily reach your target with an unopened GZE motor with a turbo on the side, with potential for much more output.

also when you reach 150rwkw with your NA build, what chance is there to extend to 200rwkw?

why infatuation with NA power? seems like an awfully hard way to get 150rwkw. are you on a restricted license or just hate turbocharging? because you could easily reach your target with an unopened GZE motor with a turbo on the side, with potential for much more output.

also when you reach 150rwkw with your NA build, what chance is there to extend to 200rwkw?

ok i have plenty of reasons:

1. i think high na power really suits the light weight and wheel base of the ke70 rolla

2. high reving na sreamers have a different type of fun than turbo

3. i am no stranger to turbo the amount of turbocharged cars i have owned is into the double digits and i currently have a r33 and a very worked 180sx

4. 150rwkw's in a ke70 should be plenty why would i need 200, also the low down torque of a turbed 4age is pretty substandard

5. i have had this build in my head for a while, so now finnally going ahead with it.

6. how cool is a 150rwkw light weight na rolla!

7. less things to go wrong, don't have to stuff around with blown wastegates, turbos, cracked manifolds, overboosting, all the high heat issues, routing fmic piping yada yada yada

8. well its something different don't see many 150rwkw's na rolla's around but there are plenty of turboed 4a's

also to stir the pot a little.....

the car will be running all oem parts from rocker cover to sump! so cams, pistons, crank etc

reasons 1, 4, 6 and 8 are pretty much the same reason... so you're down to 5 reasons

just wondering if stroking an engine is going to achieve the 2L capacity? is it possible to stroke a 4A motor that much?

i'm no expert, but is stroking a motor going to reduce the quick, responsive rev capabilities of the 4A somewhat?

good luck mate... look forward to hearing more

Edited by sleepy92

reasons 1, 4, 6 and 8 are pretty much the same reason... so you're down to 5 reasons

just wondering if stroking an engine is going to achieve the 2L capacity? is it possible to stroke a 4A motor that much?

i'm no expert, but is stroking a motor going to reduce the quick, responsive rev capabilities of the 4A somewhat?

good luck mate... look forward to hearing more

the motor in question is not a 4a. and yes there is a relationship between stroke and revs.