Will A Ke70 Survive A Trip Adelaide To Sydney?

Tally

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try driving a little slower, motor would be under a fair bit of load!

get some radiator flush, and full with a good coolant... my ke70 used to over heat if i held it flat out on the highway at like 2am.

oh and i made it from one end of tassie to the other with a 4ac on 3 cyl and a bad exhaust leak and a problem with the carb. couldnt get up a hill in a residential area even when smashing it back to 1st... reversed back down the hill and got a bit run up. surprisingly on the highway i managed to get it upto 160 haha

Edited by tas_ae71

Hey,

excellent trip for a KE70!

I did the trip from Newcastle to Adelaide a dodgy Datto 1600 heaps when I was a kid. Regarding KE70s, I picked up my Grandmother's KE70 in the last couple years. I keep it well serviced. I drove this car 120 kays each way each day when I worked in Sydney. It can handle the speed if you are smart. The KE70 is good car, it just doesn't handle high highway speeds in standard trim. It is a suburban car.

Having said that, if you have a little mechanical sympathy, you can find slower motorists who you slip behind for the long hauls. I found it was best to pick a car travelling at an OK speed and sit three seconds behind them for a couple hours. Your trip will be OK. BTW I drove from the Far North Coast of NSW to Newcastle many, many times in a KE70. It can handle the long trips.

Roh