rad32

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adelaide Jap

Just Wrecking Toyota

Buddy Parts (Jay there seems pretty friendly)

City Dismantler (would not recommend them though . . seen the way the haul motors around first hand :P)

Sleeka Spares (Dave is an awesome bloke)

etc etc

Edited by Teddy

if its a place to get parts list it, but from what i recall he was banned for advertising or making a profit from rollaclub :P

Sounds like it would be the case with Lawson and I don't think they are too popular around these parts.

Like everyone else has said including me you really have to ring around for Toyota stuff as it is not as popular as the Nissan poo. You may have to order it in and pay a deposit though.

I still don't understand for the life of me why you want to ruin that car with an over-powered set up but it's your car. I know the car and have seen it with the previous owner who put the 4AGE in and it was a good setup then, maybe just try aftermarket cams and some other NA mods to bump up the power a little. An over-powered KE is a recipe for disaster.

might even get a re-build on the 4age and chuck some goodies on...

pistons, cas, map sensor,injector, loom, ecu and I/C from a 4agze, then strap a turbo on the side, run some oil and water lines, and plump in the I/C and you have yourself a relatively cheap turbo setup.

thats if you rebuild or you can do a similar low boost turbo setup on a standard 4age using all of the above (minus the pistons) and have fun till it pops :P

just depends on how fresh your 4age is or how cheap you want to do things

anyways I'm getting way way off topic here :P

Edit:rad32, i've changed the topic so that it suits the discussion

Edited by MYSTIK

LOL well to him/us the rolla aka 4age or mine of 1.3 stockie aint power, both coming from turb imports and no i don't think money bothers him.

Is it worth moding stock KE motor being a 4k or upgrading to 4age or close to?

I don't wanna waste money on excisting money if it would better off upgrading motor.

LOL well to him/us the rolla aka 4age or mine of 1.3 stockie aint power, both coming from turb imports and no i don't think money bothers him.

Is it worth moding stock KE motor being a 4k or upgrading to 4age or close to?

I don't wanna waste money on excisting money if it would better off upgrading motor.

No K motor is worth modding. (runs and hides)

Lol well knew to this care to elaberate?

Imagine you live in a world where a push rod, oil burning, rattly engine will require full machine shop treatment and performance specs over a stanadrd refresh just to be able to extract the amount of power i person yearns for.

You will end up spending too much money and time for little unreliable results if the wrong choice is made.

The question should be put when asking or thinking about engine upgrades is what kind or HP or KW combined with torque is standard for the engine and then look at what is required to make 1000-1500kg move quicker.

Start researching 4AG motors and their applications, CA18DET and SR20DET, Rotary.

I like the 4AGE but only the 100kw 7 rib NON tvis and have driven a few 20v compared to the 16v and they have some more revs but your screaming its tits off so i havent come accross anything saying there is any REAL benifit to the 20V.

But i wont be messing about with low capacity 4 cylinder motors as its personal preference to myself.

This is the kind of discussion that has probably been discussed a thousand times before but too much misinformation can be confusing.

Do some real research and the answers will come, do a want list of what you want to acheive.

Quick edit just thought my post is getting offtopic, but just trying to guide you towards not wasting your time asking places what engines they have if you havent made a choice on what engine to use ?? yeh ?

Edited by Budowski

Not wanting to go too off topic but I have come from a turbo import too, having owned a JZX100 Chaser, MKIV JZA80 Supra Twin Turbo and also a little stint of ownership with a CA18DET equipped Sprinter.

After having the Sprinter and virtually never being able to get traction and enjoy it to it's full potential I can tell you that an overpowered KE will be stupid. But each to their own.

If you really want power in your KE, get a dirty Nissan motor, can be had from just about any importer, conversion kits are readily available and you can extract more power out of them for cheaper than a 4AGZE. I stand by this comment any day of the week too for those haters out there of the dirty nissan motors.

After you put it into a wall, then re-read this thread where I told you it will be stupid with too much power :hmm:

yeh i have looked and read..

4AGE, 4AGZE, CA18DET.

even looked at a 4AGE with cams.

but i can flat foot my 4age and it actually goes nowhere!

i would love to get hold of a 4agze but none avail.

so i picked up a cheap CA. will pop that in there and cruise around.

but thanks all who gave input!

I'm slowly picking it all up :hmm:

ps. anyone wanna help me remove a 4AGE?

A couple of guys on here have done it. And even a couple in the SA region. Search around shouldn't be to hard :P

Edit: Did a quick search myself and found some results already :P Be ready for some custom work. If your not handy with a welder be ready to pay for it

Edited by fusion