Motorcycle Carbs On A 3k

vagen

I live in the US and twin carbs are not available here so I'm looking at a set of yamaha 1100 carbs. I wonder if anyone has tried this on a stock 3k. I know the mani will have to be cut up to adapt to the M/C carby's

Edited by vagen

Members dont see this ad
I live in the US and twin carbs are not available here so I'm looking at a set of yamaha 1100 carbs. I wonder if anyone has tried this on a stock 3k. I know the mani will have to be cut up to adapt to the M/C carby's

Jetting will be one of the few issues that you might come across. There is a bloke on one of the Suzuki 4x4 sites that has a set on his sierra ( samurai for you) . Make sure they are balanced if your going to do it.

Found the link for ya. http://www.auszookers.com/index.php?name=F...orcycle+carbies :dance:

Edited by twitchy

Get a pair of weber DCOE's. Easier to do, easier to get manifolds for, easier to set-up, and chances are you'll get a much better result. If they were that good, everybody would have them.

They are harder to set up but once done CORRECTLY they are much better, stay in tune longer to.

Just out of curiosity if you dropped something on your carbies could they then be called "Marked Webbers?" :D

They are harder to set up but once done CORRECTLY they are much better, stay in tune longer to.

Just out of curiosity if you dropped something on your carbies could they then be called "Marked Webbers?" :D

I beg to differ. Buy Webers, Buy manifold, mount with soft mounts, add linkages (off the shelf), get tuned by someone over the age of 40. Can be done in an afternoon if you know what you're up to.

As opposed get carbs, manufacture/ adapt manifold, work out a linkage package, mount, say f@$k because one of your measurements wasn't right, repeat again from stage two, find someone with a dyno who also knows something about motorbike carbs.

I've seen it done before. Looks good, and works well, but there's WAAAAYYYYyyyy easier ways to skin that particular cat.

I beg to differ. Buy Webers, Buy manifold, mount with soft mounts, add linkages (off the shelf), get tuned by someone over the age of 40. Can be done in an afternoon if you know what you're up to.

As opposed get carbs, manufacture/ adapt manifold, work out a linkage package, mount, say f@$k because one of your measurements wasn't right, repeat again from stage two, find someone with a dyno who also knows something about motorbike carbs.

I've seen it done before. Looks good, and works well, but there's WAAAAYYYYyyyy easier ways to skin that particular cat.

Here in the US there are no manifolds available for Webers for this engine so anything I did would have to be fabricated. On top of that Bike Carbs are cable linkage and usually share one throttle shaft. The manifold would not be too hard measure three times cut once. As a metal fabricator I've built many manifolds. I have 20 or so years experience building and tuning race cars so experience is not an issue.

Gday Phil.

Twin DCOE manifolds are readily available over here in Oz. Redline do one that should be available off the shelf. http://www.redlineauto.com.au/products/pro...tegory=BFLXHVLE

They should export, or I'm sure we could come to an arrangement. It just seems a lot of work to do when I'm sure between you, me and the rollaclub community we can get a better outcome. :D