Project $500 Racing

vagen

This I hope will tell the story of an unloved KE30 who rises from the weeds to become a successful track-day car. As the title reads the budget is just $500usd so there won't be any big boost turbo twincam swaps. I plan to use this car for solo racing so high HP is not that important. I found this little car languishing in disrepair under a sticker bush. Fiddling with the carby I managed to get her moving and away from the bush.

Surprisingly there was little rot but plenty of surface rust and the frame rails were solid.

Anyway the pics.

This is how I found her (try not to cry)

DSCN0461.jpg

the air cleaner was on the pass floor.

DSCN0462.jpg

I will post more pics as she progresses

Members dont see this ad

quick update it's out of the weeds and brake parts are coming so she'll stop. I have slicks coming so it'll turn. A Ford Sierra turbo front bar will be modified for this (yay free bar). Rear leafs will have the middle leaf flipped and an additional leaf added. Right now I'm real close to my budget cap and I still need a seat grrrrr. I hope I can sell some parts to recoup some budget for paint and a seat.