April 16, 200917 yr comment_336992 So i have a 1979 rolla and i want to understand why some brands do propose lowering springs for the latest ones, and not for the earlier ones ? what is the main difference which doesn't aloow me to use them on mine ? I have a 2 rear axles in my garage and cannot find out the differences :yes: Thanks. :jamie: Edited April 17, 200917 yr by franckcrx Report
April 20, 200917 yr comment_337823 nobody knows ? :jamie: Rear springs are identical across the range (For sedans obviously), but there are 3 different types of front coil, one with the same ID top and bottom, and 2 that taper. I forget diameters off the top of my head. Report
April 20, 200917 yr Author comment_337934 Rear springs are identical across the range (For sedans obviously), but there are 3 different types of front coil, one with the same ID top and bottom, and 2 that taper. I forget diameters off the top of my head. Thank you ;-) How could i put the latest models coils on the earlier so ? if i have spare shocks from a latest models, and pout them on, change the springs and that's it ? Report
April 21, 200917 yr comment_338222 Thank you ;-) How could i put the latest models coils on the earlier so ? if i have spare shocks from a latest models, and pout them on, change the springs and that's it ? I think you can just swap the tophats and that ought to do it...the very last of the KE70 struts have the same bolt spacing as AE86, so wont bolt into earlier ones without the later steering arms. Report
April 21, 200917 yr Author comment_338304 I think you can just swap the tophats and that ought to do it...the very last of the KE70 struts have the same bolt spacing as AE86, so wont bolt into earlier ones without the later steering arms. good to know. I chack the one i have and i put photos :P Report
June 15, 200917 yr Author comment_352402 ok so i finally did this : - AE86 MeganRacing -6cm springs - 1982 Struts from KE70 - 1979 tophats and it fits perfectly without changing anything else :yes: Report
June 15, 200917 yr comment_352416 what year ke70 has the same bolt patten as ae86? as i have an 84 ke and I'm sure thats the last year they were made Report
June 17, 200917 yr comment_352841 what year ke70 has the same bolt patten as ae86? as i have an 84 ke and I'm sure thats the last year they were made They all do i believe.. the only reason to change the top hats is for the diameter of the top of the spring that sits in it Report
June 17, 200917 yr Author comment_352843 They all do i believe.. the only reason to change the top hats is for the diameter of the top of the spring that sits in it the bolt patterns of the tophats of the 1979/1980 are different than the other ones 8/ Report
June 17, 200917 yr comment_352858 The Fu<K?? 79/80 is a KE55, which is different bolting spaces to the KE70 on the Top of the strut. Also the KE70 strut is shorter then a KE30 or KE55 one,and the KE70 spring diameter is smaller then the KE30/55 And I'm pretty sure ALL model KE70's flat front and slant front use the same suspension allround. hell, i even the AE71 is the same I'm pretty sure. Report
June 17, 200917 yr Author comment_352866 The Fu<K?? 79/80 is a KE55, which is different bolting spaces to the KE70 on the Top of the strut. Also the KE70 strut is shorter then a KE30 or KE55 one,and the KE70 spring diameter is smaller then the KE30/55 And I'm pretty sure ALL model KE70's flat front and slant front use the same suspension allround. hell, i even the AE71 is the same I'm pretty sure. nop. Some KE70 are from 1979/1980, and the struts are differents, not in lenght, only as spring diameter and the different bolting spaces tophats. i have 3 of them here (KE70 1979/1980, KE70 1980/1984, and TE71 1984 SR5 Report
June 17, 200917 yr Author comment_352926 didnt think the KE70 was made in the 70's.. my bad 8/ Report
June 17, 200917 yr comment_352943 didnt think the KE70 was made in the 70's.. my bad Australia was a few years behind Japan and some other countries when it came to release dates, plus we ran the KE55 extra long.... Edited June 17, 200917 yr by Hiro Protagonist Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now