1975 Ke30 Canary Yellow

muzke30

Hi guys love your forum thought id beta post my project up after haven a long look at most of the rides here.

Basicaly i bought this 75 ke 30 2 weeks back I'm in melbourne i picked it up with 2 months rego

its 4k 4spd manual 4 door

and needs work

in last 2 weeks i have serviced everything when i got it the brakes didnt work until you pumped about 3-4 times now there fine. had more oil under the car then in the motor and had more dirt and crap in it then u can imagin.

all i need is a windscreen now and I'm done can get my roadworthy certficate only problem is the windscreen joint found me a new windscreen but can't find me a seal :jamie: any ideas????

img0324.th.jpg

img0351v.th.jpg

Edited by muzke30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey mate, nice start there for a project :jamie: Try ebay. Windscreen rubbers sell for $99 + shipping from Brisbane. You could also try www.rarespares.net.au or visit you local Clark Rubber.

Note: Clark Rubber is the most expensive. I donno the price off the top of my head. But rarespares is $115.43 and you should easily locate them in Melbourne. (if thats where your from. - Tho they are in most capital cities)

So what are you plans for the car?? Does it have much rust?? Is there a respray on the cards??

Edited by JiP

Hey Mate nice Corolla you've got there. This was the one that was on ebay, It looks much better now than what it did in the ebay photos. Canary Yellow and ke30 Corollas look good!!

Where abouts in Melbourne do you live? and what work specifically does the car need, I remember a bit of rust removal, but thats about it... will it need much for a roadworthy as it looks preety clean already.

Keen to see the progress on this car!!

Ben.

yeah was on ebay few weeks back. previous owners really nice had it looked after all its life until last 2 years i was told the wife stoped driving it and husband took over. and was just neglected. i have prety much just serviced and cleaned everything.

i changed oil, oil filter, sump gasket (bitch to do) had take mounts off n jack up to get sump on. changed diff oil. changed back 2 pistons on back brakes and what do u know they where seized. bleed the brakes machined front rotors gave the whole thing nice bleed. and put some new sprak plugs in :jamie: runs like a dream now. oh and flushed radiator and has actual coolent now lol(not rust n water)

the 4spd is already getting anoying thinking of a 5spd for to put behind my 4k lol

it has little rust mainly in the doors everything else is pretty good spot here n there but really needs a respray. i delimah is do i spend big money n restore it of just get a quick backyard job to get me through next few years

Reason i need a seal is well look at pics bellow windscreen guy wont touch it he got new glass for me $175 bux just need seal. THanks for the help with the links really appriciate it.

before

img0306h.th.jpg

now

img0508.th.jpg

my reason to needing a new window seal to go with my new windscreen.

my window has 3 smal cracks and looks like its been sand blassted lol hence wont pass road worthy lol

img0327e.th.jpg

img0488.th.jpg

before

img0411g.th.jpg

now

img0497.th.jpg

before

img0355j.th.jpg

now

img0392w.th.jpg

Edited by muzke30

Hey man. Your before and afters look pretty good. Just so you know a good tool to help clean the crud off your bay is carbie cleaner. You can pick the cans up for about $10 but at repco they cost $4. Otherwise a $2 degreaser will help.

Taking some parts off and painting them will freshen them up too and make them look better.

Also try polishing up the rocker cover, timing chain cover and anything else made from the same material. It comes up way better :) Bling bling :jamie:

Whats the inside like??

well i i been using degreser so far to clean everything up i bough 12 cans for 20 bux lol only got 4 left :jamie:. and as u can see from the underneath shot it is a hell of alot cleaner.

as for the rubber seal for the windscreen i think il be giving rare spares a call i had them in mind as it was but "JiP" showed me the price 115 bux i checked the part number on the site and will be calling them on monday

I'm after a center console too found couple of ke30 at wreckers other day 4 got to check them for one as mine has been riped out. I have a new dash tho :) previous owners put it in bonus

i will get some pics of the dash and rear seats soon

interior pics as requested. the drivers seat has a small tear and the carpet on drivers side is looking really worn but i can get new carpet 130 bux off ebay just matter of time :D

img0342y.th.jpg

img0341.th.jpg

As you can see no centre console gear stick looks bear and the tear in the drivers.

img0408k.th.jpg

Hey all

Just a quick update i got new seal for my windscreen got it from rare spares paid trade $98 bux. Guy came out to fit the windscreen today too set me back $180 rang like 3 places all around same price. il post some pics up soon.

only thing is we tryed saving the crome striping around the old seal but being so old it was so britle and just flaked and broke in our hands looks like i will have to look for some new striping people saying to leave it but looks bit weird to me having the chanels on the striping empty.

Any thoughts???

img0511r.jpg

w1280.png

Edited by muzke30

Hey all

Just a quick update i got new seal for my windscreen got it from rare spares paid trade $98 bux. Guy came out to fit the windscreen today too set me back $180 rang like 3 places all around same price. il post some pics up soon.

only thing is we tryed saving the crome striping around the old seal but being so old it was so britle and just flaked and broke in our hands looks like i will have to look for some new striping people saying to leave it but looks bit weird to me having the chanels on the striping empty.

Any thoughts???

that striping is a lock to hold the window in so the seal doesn't flex and the window fall out, the installer may not know this if they have only worked on modern cars.

that striping is a lock to hold the window in so the seal doesn't flex and the window fall out, the installer may not know this if they have only worked on modern cars.

correct on that, also weakens the rubber quicker apparently, that's what i got told when i had one replaced.

hmmz ah well there u go 2 one thanks "KE30_KE35_KE55" & "Falken_KE30" for making me aware of that ill sus out if rare spare has them look nice anyway.

Question should i respray the car canary yellow or metalic red the bug starting to bit a little

img0534small.jpg

w1280.png

Edited by muzke30