4 Age Different Engines

1st_rolla_ke30

Members dont see this ad

Thats the best photo i have

It more shows you which engines are the smallport and bigport versions right? and which model they came in?

Its just a photo i got shown which i thoguht was handy to have :P

I didnt make it and never looked into how accurate it was either

Travis

No worries

By the way, from what i gather

Is it the blue tops in that picture that are bigports? and the redtops that are smallports? but wasnt there some kind of 3 rib smallport?

And some 7 rib bigports?

Travis

EDIT: Also you know usually its a bigport or small port because of tvis right :P

Edited by trav_555

Should add to answer your specific question.

If it has TVIS it should be a bigport, no TVIS it is a smallport or someone has taken the TVIS off.......

But that is probably unlikely.

Assuming the engine number matches the car, simplest way to tell is from the spark plug valley cover. Bigport leads enter above each plug, smallport leads run underneath after entering at the front of the head.

Somethings a bit screwy there cause i always thought the bluetop made the 88kWs and the TVIS redtop made a bit more.

ADM bluetops made 86kw in the AE82 (and early import AW11s). The 96kw number is from the JDM AE86s. Supposedly series 3 ADM AE82s had the 7-rib bigport, which definitely had 88kw (same engine came out in AW11 MR2s, and early JDm AE92s)

And you missed out the very first generation "Blacktop"

Didn't think there were two blacktop generations (assuming you are referring to the 20v). Silvertop has two generations, you can tell by the number of throttle linkages.

ADM bluetops made 86kw in the AE82 (and early import AW11s). The 96kw number is from the JDM AE86s. Supposedly series 3 ADM AE82s had the 7-rib bigport, which definitely had 88kw (same engine came out in AW11 MR2s, and early JDm AE92s)

you answered a question that has been bothering me. my KE25 has a JDM sprinter engine and i was always thought it was the 88kw engine but the guy i bought it off said it was the 100kw engine, I'm guessing he just rounded up the killawasps

you answered a question that has been bothering me. my KE25 has a JDM sprinter engine and i was always thought it was the 88kw engine but the guy i bought it off said it was the 100kw engine, I'm guessing he just rounded up the killawasps

Or he didn't know what he was talking about. Quite a few of those out there.

Didn't think there were two blacktop generations (assuming you are referring to the 20v). Silvertop has two generations, you can tell by the number of throttle linkages.

So what are the other differences between 1st and 2nd gen silvertops??

I ask this as I am currently installing a 2nd gen and just curious?? :P