4 Wheel Disks On A Ae82

Can someone tell me if it is possible to convert a ae82 '88 rolla sedan to 4 wheel disk brakes? Already has front disks, so I was wondering if the rear can be converted to disk.........if so where can I find calipers, disks, etc.... and will it help improve braking any?

Thanks,

Cameron.

Members dont see this ad

Thanks, now to go hit the parts suppliers for what they have to give....well sell anyways. Might even be lucky and find all the right bits in one place......one can only hope.

Thanks again. Good to see everyone is as helpful as ever.

Cameron

try and find an fx-gt at the wreckers, or importers. they're pretty rare cars, but they do pop up from time to time

did ae92 or 1xx have rear discs? you might be able to use them too? try it and see, only going to cost you a couple of hours at the wreckres with measuring calipers

if you can find an import......

thing to remember with corollas is that ALL body shapes had all options.....

cept for ae92 wagons. ae101 and ae111 wagons however did have all options, as in 4age and 6 speed etc.

so getting back to the ae82..... yes the sedans had dics, they were the same as the hatchs brakes.

but really your best mod would be to change the fluid and fit some decent front pads, if thats not enough, fit better tyres and back sure your suspension works ok.

if you can lock uo ya wheels easy, then you don't need more braking power, you need more grip....

btw, my comments are based on a few different markets, i can't say if oz spec rollas had discs etc