Widened Steelies For My Ke20?

RA28GT

Hey guys since my superlites didn't really workout i was thinking of widening my steel wheels thats already on my corolla.

I can have it done for around 120 per wheel with a polished lip and this way i could choose my offset and width.

I'm was thinking of running flares with some 14 x 7.5 with -15 offset? which should fill flares very very nicely.

What do people think it would look like? I can't decide, would probally leave the centers black and stretch some lower profile tyres on of course.

Heres a pic as it is now:

IMG_7795.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand why you don't run the superlights? the steelies you want will stick out even more, and prob end up costing as well.

Since the superlights didn't fill a set of flares which I was going to run. And the other way they were too wide to pull out the guards, it was a shame their beautiful wheels.

so you are gonna give up putting NICE wheels on it and go with skidders?

what will a set of superlites at the right offset cost you?

and is it worth gettin the steelies widened compared to gettin new superlites made at the right offset?

I think in your case widened steelies would be the best option as you can then choose your offset. It doesn't appear that many wheels come in your desired offset or PCD.

The steelies and tyres set up you have at the moment looks the goods so maybe if it were wider it would still look the goods. Perhaps try and find some images of steelies that have been widened. I know someone did it on NS with an R31 and it looked quite good.

I don't know if you can photoshop them, but if you do put it up so we can see.

Edited by LukeAE71

and is it worth gettin the steelies widened compared to gettin new superlites made at the right offset?

Widened steelies does not equal skidders. It can actually look quite good if done well. If you look at the rest of this guy's styling on his car you can see he is not trying to be a skidder or whatever you want to call it.

Superlites only come in set offsets as far as I know. My mate orders wheels from them so I know a bit about them or can find out. If you wanted some custom made from them (which I am sure they can do) it will cost a lot as they would not have the casting for that particular offset, width etc and would have to develop one.

Widened steelies at $480 per set is cheaper than a set of Superlites no matter the offset. Superlites can't be had for less than $800 a set brand new and that is WITHOUT tyres.

I agree in that fact that the superlites were nice, i loved their style but if I'm changing the wheels it has to be perfect fitment or i wont be happy. Also lukes right superlites do not come in custom offsets, there is only one offset and thats -7 for the 13x7 and the rest of the range has positive offsets with flat faces.

Making my steelies is probably the easiest option as i don't have to convert stud patterns either but i think it would be a last resort at this stage, i would much rather go for a nice set of jap spec wheels rather than steelies, although consider how much dish these could have at an extreamly low offset.

Its a little hard to photo shop the wheels as well since i would be running flares also.

Heres an example and the same thing i would be doing (polished lip with black centers)

You tell me this golf is running skidders. Mines would probably look more like the rears.

34069621.jpg

Edited by RA28GT

i think you should buy a KE25 and go nuts and just leave the KE20 how it is. KE25s look incredible with flares and some wide wheels but KE20s just don't look as good IMO

Chances of me buying a good 25 is not overly high, nor realistic on my bank account. I know they look much much better jap spec but I want to prove that a 20 with flares CAN look very very good. With the right stance and figment they can look fantastic, I did very much like te27 flares when I test fitted them on my ke20.

Besides if I was to buy a car specifially to go jap spec I would probally purchase a ta22 or even a ra28, not to say a 25 wouldn't look as good I just have something for the old celicas.