Mikuni/solex Parts Availability

seabiscuit

Hi RollaClubbers,

I have a chance to buy a pair of Mikuni/Solex 40 Sidedraught Carbs for $200, although they are missing

the venturi's. I've read that parts for these brand of carburettors are quite difficult to get a hold of. Anybody

else have these carbs and have found it difficult to purchase parts for? Rebuild kits and venturi's especially!

Members dont see this ad
Hi RollaClubbers,

I have a chance to buy a pair of Mikuni/Solex 40 Sidedraught Carbs for $200, although they are missing

the venturi's. I've read that parts for these brand of carburettors are quite difficult to get a hold of. Anybody

else have these carbs and have found it difficult to purchase parts for? Rebuild kits and venturi's especially!

you might be better off trying to track down another complete set of solex 40's from a 2tg, then use them and $200 ones you can get to make 1x good set and you'll have spares.

Just a suggestion. :hmm:

I won't be using these for quite a while as I plan to put them on a 2t/3t motor in the future.

So you're suggesting to buy these set as a "parts" set and then buy a better/complete set

when it comes around and interchange parts to make a really good pair with parts to spare?

Is $200 fairly cheap (with an 18rg manifold I can sell)? apart from not having the venturi's

they are supposedly in good condition.

I wouldn't call it that good a price, they don't seem to go for that much anyway. My Dellortos set me back 300 bucks, jetted, with manifold.

That is a pretty damn good deal, though.

I think I'll pass up the carbs as I can only get them TODAY posted from Tas and I'm not keen to be disappointed.

If anyone else is interested here is the link.

Twin Solex Carbs with 18r Manifold $200

Edited by seabiscuit

• 4 years later...

Ok I will give it a go not real good on the old computer that's why I can't get pictures up on here of my ke20 it is just that I got some carbs and they were ment to b good till I was going to give them a clean and well no jets :(